𝐈. 𝐏𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

You were sleeping peacefully in your colorful room. But suddenly you jolt up awake at the sound of Caine's booming voice.

"GOOOOOOOD MORNING EVERYONE! PLEASE COME TO THE MAIN AREA TO GET READY FOR OUR NEEEEWWW ADVENTURE!" Caine announced, making you groan a little as he disturbed your peaceful sleep.

You had no choice, you lazily sat up and jumped down your bed. Of course, you slept in your clothes. Walking to the door, and you opened it. To your surprise, you see Jax at the door, with his hand up in a fist. It looked like he was about to knock.

"Jax? What are you doing in front of my door?" You said, tilting your head to the side as you had a confused expression plastered on your face.

"Huh? Oh. Hey. I was just about to tell you.. g'morning..." Jax mumbled the last part, looking to the side, avoiding your gaze. He looked at you again and started to speak once again.

"Anyway, the big man has an adventure for us, again. I'm just here to tell you about that." Jax nonchalantly said, his hand on his hip.

"Yeah, I heard him alright." You sighed, starting to walk past him. Your action made Jax subconsciously grab your wrist.

You flinched and looked back at Jax, who had a nonchalant look on his face.

Realizing what he did, he pulled his hand back and (surprisingly) apologized.

"Oh. Erm. Sorry. Wait why would I say that? No, I'm actually not." Jax took back what he said, suddenly grabbing your wrist again and dragging you to go to the main circus area.

[ A/N: How's the oneshot so far? For me, I'm kinda cringing 😭 ]

You both arrived at the main circus area and you were whining about the fact that Jax dragged you all the way over there.

"Do you know what personal space is?" You said, snatching your wrist away from his hand then crossing your arms.

"Huh, nope. What is this 'personal space' thing?" Jax said sarcastically, putting on his smug smile.

You sighed, You all looked at Caine who was preparing to speak.

"AH, IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYBODY IS HERE! LET'S START NOW SHALL WE?" Caine said, going on with his 'dialogue. '

"FOR OUR ADVENTURE, WE'LL BE CAPTURING THE GLOINKS, AGAIN!" Caine exclaimed, same as ever. He explained how to capture all the gloinks again and later disappeared.

"Ughh, c'mon. Why is it the same adventure." Jax groaned, feeling disappointed.

"Get used to it, rabbit boy." You snickered, nudging his arm with yours.

Ragatha later then started to speak up.

"Alright love-birds, I think it's better if you both start contributing to the game instead of talking to eachother." Ragatha smiled, raising an eyebrow and suddenly laughed softly.

"Excuse you licorice hair, but we're not  'love-birds.'" Jax retorted, darting his gaze to the red-haired girl's figure.

Ragatha giggled, "Mhm, sure. Whatever you say, Jax. But stop calling me that nickname." Ragatha retorted back to Jax's nickname for her.

Ragatha later walked away to find the scattered gloinks, leaving you and Jax together.

"C'mon Jax, let's go find the gloinks." You invited Jax, preparing to walk away.

"Fine. But I'm only doing this because of you..." Jax mumbled the last sentence, not loud enough for you to hear.

TIMESKIP

Later, all of you FINALLY captured all of the gloinks and went back to the main circus area.

Caine then popped up into the thin air and span around. Then started to speak in his normal, enthusiastic voice.

"IM IMPRESSED MY LITTLE HARD-COATED SHELLS! YOU CAN NOW DO WHATEVER YOU ALL WANT! BYE-BYE!" Caine exclaimed, and disappeared into thin air.

You sighed, "Finally... I can rest." You said, breathing in deep and exhaled it out.

Looking at Jax, you started to speak. "Well, cya, I'm going to my room." You said, walking back to go to your room.

You arrived to your room, finally seeing your bed. You jumped and felt the soft covers of your bed onto you. You laid there until you fell asleep again.

You awoke to the sound of light footsteps outside your door. You decided to ignore it but you suddenly heard two knocks on your door.

With no choice, you sat up and walked up to your door to open it.

You see Jax again with his usual smirk on his face. You started to speak.

"Hey, shorty. Mind if I... Come in?" Jax said, yet the hesitation on the last sentence was obvious.

"Sure, I don't mind. Come in." You let him in, then closed the door. Then, you both go to your bed and sat down. You began to ask Jax.

"Are you alright? You don't seem like your usual 'smug' self." You said, smiling softly at the 'smug' part.

Jax suddenly sighed, "Do you mind if we..." He stopped mid sentence, avoiding your gaze.

"Jax?... It's alright, you can tell me." You said scooting closer to him.

You put a hand over his as you gently rubbed your thumb over his hand. Jax tensed up a little as he looked at the action with slightly widened eyes. But later calmed down.

"I was thinking if we could cuddle... After such an adventure, you know, I was just wondering- yeah, that." Jax awkwardly said, still looking away.

He frowned and suddenly started to speak, "You know what, just forget it. I'll go." Jax said preparing to get up, but you stopped him.

"No, it's okay. C'mere." You lied down, and patting the empty spot beside you, inviting him to lie down with you.

Jax blushed, hesitating to lie down. But he did, nonetheless. He put the blanket covers over you both and turned to the side to look at you.

You did the same, staring at back him. You scooted closer, boldly, you let his face bury into your chest.

Jax flinched again, but later melted into your embrace as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer.

After a few moments of cuddling each other, you suddenly heard a soft vibrating sound, it sounded like it came from Jax.

"Jax?.. Are you purring?" You smiled, looking at his calm figure.

Jax opened his eyes wide, "What? No. You're hearing things. That's just probably from outside." He retorted, and frowned.

"Mhm, okay sure. You should really stop being such a liar." You said, giggling while stroking his periwinkle ears.

The purring suddenly became louder and made Jax hide his face more into your chest.

"TOTALLY NOT LYING."

A/N : Thank you for reading this long oneshot💙

Just a disclaimer, I love building up the scenarios, which makes them longer.

THANK YOU! 💗

1134 words
Made on: 05/11/24
Uploaded: 05/12/24