30 - And He Tells

I'm distracted by the sound of my phone going off. Stupid vibrate. 

It keeps jumping around, silent mode always on. I like having my phone off. The distractions it causes are never nice and usually sidetrack me. But someone really wants my attention. It stops for a second then continues, the person calling me for the second time. I give in and pick up the phone. 

"Hello?" 

"JEN! You didn't tell me you were going to Monaco!" Ginny's voice blares down the line. So much for asking Charles to give me space. I don't think he knows the word. 

I sigh. "Yes, yea I'm thinking about it, okay?" 

"Oh my god, YES, think about it all you want, just please, please, PLEASE come." she screeches, making me pull the phone away, saving my ears. 

"And who told you this?" I question, a bit angry at Charles for letting it slip. I do want to go and was going to tell him later this week in-between Miami and Emilia. 

"Umm, That doesn't matter, so-"

"It was Charles, right?" 

I pause comes down the phone. ".....Yes?" 

"Okay, that's all you have to tell me." I say, looking back to the puzzle I was doing. An older person thing to do but I always felt peace when placing the pieces together. 

"You're gonna love it, trust me!" 

I take a second to think about it. With Ginny now pregnant, I guess I have to do whatever she says and I think it could be nice, so why not. "Yea, I'll come." 

There's a large amount of squealing and unintelligible words before she finally says something. "Okay, OKAY! I will tell Charles and he will confirm the ticket!" 

"Sounds good." I smile. I've always liked making people happy so I'm okay with my privacy being invaded for just one weekend. It always is, especially since the cafe is quite close to the track and the TV comes out for the special event. 

"Oh my god, you will not regret this!" 

"I hope so." I mutter under my breath. 

"What?"

"Nothing!" I add, quickly. "Okay, bye!" 

"Bye, love you!" 

I pull the phone away and hit the little red button. I guess the weekend isn't totally ruined. I'm actually looking forward to it. I know I sound a bit pretentious, not wanting to go to a race. I can be a bit forward, always saying what's in my head if I think it applies. Some people hate it, some people love it. 

@landonorris

you liked my story. 

@notjennifermarcus

My finger slipped.

@landonorris 

did it tho? 

@notjennifermarcus 

100% 

@landonorris

when you working next? 

@notjennifermarcus

And why would I tell you that? 

@landonorris

no reason

@notjennifermarcus

I doubt that Mr confident. 

@landonorris

I want to get a cup of coffee from you. 

@notjennifermarcus 

Okay, I'm at work from 8 to 4. 

@landonorris 

you can expect to see me then

@notjennifermarcus

I want to say I'm looking forward to it but.... I'm not

@notjennifermarcus

Sorry!

@landonorris

maybe a bit offence taken

~~~~~

Hello!!!!

First exam went okay, but i'm dreading the next. How are y'all? Im so excited for Monaco in the story and outside of the story. 

Also, quickly, with Lando and Magui at the historic Monaco GP, please leave them alone and don't hate, I trust Lando's judgement. (Sort of) It's their life and not ours! Just remember drivers are aloud to have lives outside of F1. 

Anyway, sorry this is a bit short!

Love you all so much! *kisses* 

What do you think will happen next? ~~~~>