Chapter 63

March 28, 2025

Another month has passed, and Zandro and I have been meeting a lot lately because we've been practicing for our final presentation.

To be honest, I'm so glad with our situation now. Zandro has been... casual and chill. I agree that he's not really the guy I met on our foundation day.

Actually, he's great because I didn't expect that he was this good in terms of you know, studying and getting serious.

I learned a lot from him every day we meet whether it's about school, life, or even in business. He told me about their businesses here and abroad, and he said that he was planning to lead their company as the president someday so he had to learn everything.

I once asked him why he took finance as his major and not engineering since their business is mainly about construction, and he said that he's planning to pursue it as well when he finishes finance.

On the other hand, I'm happy that Zeke has been understanding towards our meet-ups. He's more open now compared to before, and he's also more open to me now about his everyday life in their office.

He even sent pictures to me every day, and I would always save them on my phone. He's just so handsome.

"Are you ready?" Zandro asks.

We are the next one to present our final project, and we just finished doing a final practice in our room.

"Yeah, I'm ready," I answered.

"Everything is prepared as well," he said.

"Great," I replied, taking deep breaths.

"We can do this," he said, smiling.

"Yeah, let's nail this," I said, chuckling.

"The panelists are all ready for you two," our professor's assistant said.

"Let's go," I said, standing up from my seat.

We went to the other room, and I got so nervous because there were only five people inside. All of them are professionals in their field. I saw a doctor, engineer, architect, and even our school counselor.

When we got inside, our professor smiled at me, and she cheered for me by raising her hand and shaking it a little.

I smiled as well, and it helped me to calm myself down.

"Good morning, everyone, I'm Zandro Monclair," Zandro said, and I followed him.

"And I'm Elijah Sarmiento," I said.

"And we will present, Project A15," we both said in unison.

I started with our presentation, and so far, the panelist were all nodding their heads while I was speaking then I was followed by Zandro.

We took turns speaking just like how we practiced it, but we knew the overall process of our project since we were both hands-on in doing it. Actually, it's one of the things that I liked about Zandro. He is not a freeloader. He was very focused on what we did.

Twenty minutes have passed, and now we are inviting our participant, Louie, to demonstrate how our project works.

"As you can see, we created a system that will monitor the wearer's pulse, and heartbeat. I know it's not uncommon nowadays, but what makes our project special is its ability to detect the quality of air surrounding you, and its ability to detect whenever the wearer's muscles are tightening which causes them to have trouble breathing," I said.

Louie demonstrated it properly and showed us how it affects him as he is an asthmatic person himself.

Of course, we do have our precautions prepared. We brought his medicine with us in case things got out of hand, and to be clear, Louie voluntarily agreed to be our participant in this presentation.