Chapter 2- The Journey Begins

Laura arrived at Blackwood House on a crisp autumn evening, the trees surrounding the mansion like skeletal fingers. As she stepped out of her car, the wind whispered an eerie welcome. She shivered, despite her determination to face whatever lay within.

Elijah Blackwood greeted her at the entrance, his eyes sunken and his smile weak. "Thank you for coming, Laura. I fear we're running out of time."

As they entered the mansion, Sophia noticed an eerie silence, punctuated only by creaks and groans. Elijah led her to a grand study, the walls lined with ancient tomes and mysterious artifacts.

"My family's history is marked by tragedy and darkness," Elijah explained, his voice barely above a whisper. "I fear we've awakened something malevolent. I need your expertise to uncover the truth."

Laura's gaze wandered to a nearby bookshelf, where a leather-bound tome seemed to stare back at her. Its cover was embossed with strange symbols, pulsing with a faint, otherworldly glow.

"What's that book?" Laura asked, her curiosity piqued.

Elijah's expression turned grim. "That's the Blackwood Bible. It's said to hold the secrets of our family's power... and our downfall."

As Laura reached for the book, a sudden chill swept through the room, extinguishing the candles and plunging them into darkness.

"Welcome to Blackwood House," a low, menacing voice whispered in the darkness. "Your souls shall be mine."

***

I had to look behind my back twice while writing this chapter..
Read on