Chapter 6- The Reflection of the Past

Laura and Elijah examined the crystal orb, trying to decipher its secrets. As they turned it, the orb began to glow, casting an eerie light on the walls. Suddenly, the air seemed to ripple, and a ghostly image appeared before them.

It was a reflection of the past – a moment in time frozen forever. Laura saw a young couple, Elizabeth and Malcolm Blackwood, standing in the very same room. They were surrounded by strange artifacts and ancient tomes, their eyes filled with a mix of fear and determination.

"What are they doing?" Laura whispered, transfixed by the scene.

Elijah's eyes were wide with understanding. "They're trying to summon something. A powerful entity, trapped beyond the veil."

As they watched, the couple began to chant, their voices rising and falling in a hypnotic rhythm. The air seemed to vibrate with energy, and the entity's presence grew stronger.

Laura felt a chill run down her spine. "We have to stop them. We can't let them unleash that horror."

But it was too late. The couple's chanting reached a crescendo, and a blinding light filled the room. When the light faded, the ghostly image vanished, leaving Laura and Elijah staring at each other in shock.

The entity's presence still lingered, its malevolent energy pulsing with a newfound intensity.

They were running out of time and quickly so.

***
My bad...