Matters of the heart

"You need to rest. You're doing too much", Leslie adviced at her clinic walking up to the medicine cabinet. We stopped by to bring her supplies during patrol. "I'm impressed how you manage to do all at the same time. Your college, work, business with Burton, helping here, at the orphanage, and your relationship with Bruce."

"You heard that Bruce? We are in a relationship." Rogue leaned her head to the side and looked up at me lovingly. I returned the look.

I stood behind Rogue, my chest almost touching her back. "Are you sleeping enough?"

"When I find time."

"You need to sleep Roselyn. You're not Bruce. Make her sleep even if you have to chain her to the bed", Leslie ordered opening the medicine cabinet.

"My exams are almost over and it's very important to leave a good impression at the company."

"I don't think Burton would like to see you faint during the meeting. I need to speak with Bruce alone?" Leslie put the medicines in the cabinet.

"I'll wait for you in the car", Rogue turned and touched my hand gently. She didn't seem to mind leaving me alone with Leslie. I let her have access to the car. I don't want her to freeze while waiting for me.

"The way your eyes shine for each other it's adorable. You're both very much in love with each other", Leslie stated closing the door of the medicine cabinet.

"She's tired Bruce. Have you made her stop drinking the medication Burton is giving her?" I looked down. I don't know what she's drinking and what for. I don't know how to ask her. I'm waiting for the right moment. When Leslie turned, I was gone.

Rogue was sleeping on the passenger seat when I hopped inside the car. The papers slipped from her hand as I turned on the engine and drove off. She was studying in the car. I didn't mind. A dark figured jumped in front of me and I stopped the car.

"You need to move on Selina. I know I have." I watched Catwoman trailing her fingers up my chest. She leaned in for a kiss. She pressed her lips against mine. I didn't respond.

I turned. My eyes lifted up at the sight of Rogue standing there. She turned and ran away. I jumped in front of her and stopped her. "Move Bruce."

"It's not what you saw", I tried to explain.

"I know what I saw. Don't try to make me insane!" She raised her voice.

I could see it in her eyes. Hurt and something more. "Are you jealous?"

"Yes", she confessed confronting me. "And furious."

"Why is she always here and why do you let her touches you? I don't like it. And I don't want her near you."

I didn't know how much it worried her. "She's out of my life."

"I don't think she is. I don't think she would ever be gone out of your life. I may not have experience but I'm not stupid. It took me some time to figure things out why she always comes back and why you allow it. She had you for who knows how long wrapped around her finger. It made you an addict to her."

"I love you Bruce but I'm not going to stay around and watching you destroying yourself and me along the way." With that said, Rogue was gone. I stared down at the ground not realizing my mistake until it was too late.

Alfred put blanket over Nightwing's shoulder, turning his body in direction of the stairs, as Nightwing's teeth chattered. "Let's go upstairs and warm you by the fire Master Richard."

I stood there in the Batcave, thinking about everything. "This time was too close Master Bruce. I'm glad you let the girls out of it." Nightwing and I defeated Mr. Freeze tonight. His icy beams hit Nightwing and almost froze him. That was his plan for the whole town but we stopped him.