𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

March 28, 781.

I was nine years old the first time I understood that life was not all happiness, that darkness existed even though the sun was illuminating the beautiful sky.

That year I lost someone precious to me, I lost the only woman I was able to love freely without being looked at strangely, although perhaps it was because I was a child.

At the age of nine I lost my mother, her name was Jour Thames, but everyone knew her as Countess Henituse, although at present they don't even mention her. Her name is taboo in this county, it is certain that some even already They forgot about her, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that.

But apart from losing my mother, that day I buried her I also lost my father, who was too cowardly to even look at me, and I inherited that from him since I was a coward for not yelling at him about how bad that made me feel.

But again the world showed me how miserable life itself could be when two years after my mother's death my father brought a new woman home, bringing in the process the beginning of what, unknown to me, would be my downfall.

That woman's name is Violan, I don't know her last name, or rather I don't remember it, nor am I interested in knowing, she and her son were my father's new family, not mine.

My family passed away years ago when I saw my mother lifeless in a bed, while I wasf comforting my father, when it should have been the other way around.

But well, that's in the past, isn't it?

I should present me in a better way.

For anyone reading this, it's a pleasure my name is Cale Henituse, and I am the original Cale Henituse.

Yes, I mean original since by the time you are reading this a soul that is not mine will be controlling my body.

But I don't hold a grudge, after all I will live happily, well, not me but rather my self from another universe, I don't know where my soul will go, where I will go.

Will I go to heaven or hell? Any of those places seems better to me than being in a place full of misery like this world, or at least the world I created for the happines of my father and his new family.

Maybe it's a selfish thought, but I don't want my father's family to have any contact with whoever lives in my soul. It's selfish, it's stupid and childish, but why should someone other than me have any contact with them when I didn't?

Mmh...I wrote that two hours ago, I sounded like an idiot if somehow you can still read it, I apologize.

I will tell you about my story.

You see, when Countess Violan and her son were officially Henituse there were many people against it, silently I was one of those people, but I will never mention it out loud, I was a small child and I didn't understand if my father had really replaced me and my mother.

Doesn't he love my mother? Doesn't he love me? Weren't we enough for him that he look for a replacement? Thousands of such questions appeared in my mind.

It was not a replacement, I understood that some time later, my father had fallen in love a second time, he had healed, or he was trying to do so.

Is it because I have never been in love that I don't understand my father's actions? I'm afraid that I will never be able to find an answer to that question, no matter how hard I try, I will not be able to understand how my father could do this to me.