𝟐𝟖 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝.

Waiting at the prison.
(Chapter takes place within same time frame as Woodbury chapters.)

The second body had just found its new permanent residence laid out at the foot of the tree. That's when the terrifying high pitched shriek echoed throughout the woods.

His large muscular frame began to rush in the direction of the sound. With the hammer tightly gripped, he was prepared for anything... other than nearly having his face caved in by the shovels cold metal.

His eyes widened with nearly as much horror as the scream that led him here. Gasping for air as the surprise jump scare knocked the wind from his lungs.

The creator of the sound looked just as frightened.
"Tyrese," Sasha lowered the shovel at the sight of her brother.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

She turned to look over her shoulder at the growls coming within range. They were being hunted by the dead with nowhere to run. "Is there somewhere up ahead where we can regroup?"

"There might be a building. I didn't make it very far. I think I seen a tower." He didn't have time to explain any further as three of their friends were directly behind them fending off walkers at every turn.

As they fled in the direction Tyrese mentioned a woman, Donna was bitten in her arm following the recent encounter.  Allen, her husband dragged her behind their small group as they made their way to the tower.

"We don't know what's in there." Sasha told her older brother when he tried to enter what now was known as a prison.

He turned seeing the walkers come from the trees. "We know what's out here."

"Not her." Sasha's firm tone was pointed to Donna. "She's slowing you and us down. Once we're in there we won't stand a chance."

Donna actually agreed wanting her family to leave her but they refused. It was Tyrese who convinced Sasha to let it go and keep moving.

"When she turns..." Being the voice of reason didn't work but she tried anyway.

"They aren't ready to say goodbye."

"It's a mistake." Sasha couldn't change her mind no matter how bad she felt meeting the dreaded son's face.

Her brother however, he wasn't going to leave her. "Maybe." He agreed but guided Donna inside first.
Together they climbed the ruins that once was the protective barrier known as the prisons brick wall.