Chapter 12: Past Mistakes

POV: SHADOW

I can't believe, I did all this damage? I thought as I stood in the place where I killed around fifty mobians and where I met that strange figure. There was the famous yellow tape stuck all around the alley meaning you weren't allowed into that specific space or wherever. Before I came here, I was kissing Sonic, and it was just better than I could imagine, but we pulled away at one point which made me apologize again and again. As I gave him my same apology speech over again, he then rested his hand on my shoulders, "Shadow, I forgive you okay...just go home and rest and we'll talk in the morning before school" he said with a smile and I frowned before nodding. Now here I am standing here and staring at my mess, I then growled at myself and remembered about all the bad blood shed I did at Rouge's bar, I have to go and tell her...I didn't have the strength to walk through the town knowing that I murdered so much innocent people, at least I think so, I sighed before Chaos Controlling to Rouge's house.

A green flash then engulfed my body before quickly disappearing as I was faced with my best friend, Rouge. My air shoes then powered up as I dashed to Rouge and hugged her, making both of us almost fall onto the floor. "Hun, your strangling me" she struggled to get out of her mouth which made me let go of her. I then heard two pairs of footsteps coming into the room we were both in which made me turn around to see the fox and my brother.

"Miles? What are you doing here? Do you have some project for school?" I questioned the fox and he just apparently took an interest in the ground. "He knows brother..." Mephiles told me as I raised a brow, "What do you-" I shut my mouth after I heard Rouge clear her throat. "He knows everything, about us, your past and he even helped with the plan" I growled at that, HOW DOES HE KNOW THAT?! WHY DID THEY TRUST HIM? "WHY DID YOU TELL HIM!" I complained to both of them as Tails backed up. "Shadow, hun, he found out, apparently G.U.N has information on you and Mephiles because your father communicated with them...and he also knew about the vampires all those years ago, look" my ears then pinned against my head, how could my father do this, she then showed me everything on the G.U.N's website and even a voice recording of the conversation.

"I can't believe Father trusted them after everything" I sighed as I took a seat on Rouge's couch putting my hands on my head, "There was nothing you could do about it, that's the past now hun" I looked at her before gluing my eyes to the carpet. "How did you guys do it?" I asked still taking interest in the carpet, she then took a deep breath as she told me everything...

*Flashback*

"I HAVE A PLAN!" The fox shouted out as he said his master plan. "Tails, we aren't going to compell him to do that, its too much of a risk, he could probably die from that!" Rouge stated as Mephiles then smirk as he put a change onto Tails' outburst of an idea, "How about we make him think that Sonic is going to kill himself because of him, like some sort of hallow gram? ". "Our species can't do such thing and you know that-, WAIT A MINUTE, YOU KNOW A-" Mephiles then shushed her making her zip her lips together, "Yes I do" Mephiles then said, Shadow's brother then quickly went to get his phone before calling 'his person', after two rings, the mobian answered which made Mephiles blurt out the whole scheme to which he then nodded before hanging up the phone. "He said he'll do it!" Now, time to put the master plan into action....

*End of Flashback*

"Soooo you're telling me that you, Mephiles, knew someone to do some spell or whatever, to make me think Sonic was going to kill himself because of me?" Rouge then nodded as Mephiles just stared, "If you want to put it like that" that just made me roll my eyes. "I have another question, how did Sonic even know to meet me there?" I asked, "Well...Tails had the idea to message Sonic to meet you there using an unknown number so he wouldn't suspect anything, and I was also able to convince him that you weren't in your right mind which was somewhat true" my best friend stated as she ruffled the fox's bangs. "So, uhhh Mephiles? Does this mean we're normal again? Just like-" he then started laughing hysterically as he wiped and imaginary tear which made the fox jump and Rouge sigh.