Chapter 12: Revelations.

Lucario awoke in the wings of his friend Cain, as he carried his limp body out of the premises of the 'Tungsten Dome' as Cassian called it.

He had a small and soft smile on his beak, lookin go as if he was... nervous about something? Who could blame him. He is in Lycanroc territory after all.

A lot of the Wolf Pokémon were staring at the two as they walked. But Cassian was not present. He was somewhere else, somewhere deeper in the mausoleum.

He was going down a stairwell, carrying the remains of his father with a slight smile on his muzzle... Wait, how does he know that?!

Krash's eyes flew open as he stared up at Decidueye in confusion, patting his chest to signal his friend to let go of him. "Cain? Do you mind?" He spoke in a rough and coarse tone.

The Arrow Quill Pokémon's feather fluffed up as he shuddered from the feeling of his palm tap against his chest. He looked down, his face relaxing and his smile returning to a normal, more natural one.

"Good to know you're back, Krash." He said in a hushed tone. He let his son down and let him walk on his own. "We have to talk about what happened back there once we get home."

Lucario held his head in his paws as he walked right beside Decidueye and into the wasteland that was the Mountain region. As he walked, he began imagining two figures swirling around him.

One resembled a bat, dancing gracefully as she flapped her heavy wings. The other one was a lion, stomping on light and seemingly walking on air.

They suddenly both stopped right in front of his eyes and stared right into them, their small foreheads beginning to glow slightly. One was cold and blue, and the other was warm and yellow.

"Wash away the darkness that will envelop the world. Be the one everyone fears and everyone loves." These words echoed through his mind as the duo spoke.

A sharp headache hit him as the two spoke, causing him to snap his eyes shut and hold his own head up with his paws. The figures disappeared the moment he opened them back up.

Lucario looked down at his palms, surprised to see the two symbols that were given to him earlier today by the two deities. One was a moon, the other- a sun.

He then thought back to his meeting with them, remembering the same feeling of having something etched onto his forehead as he felt just now. He turned to Cain and tugged at his wing.

"Do I... have something on my forehead?" Krash asked sheepishly, pointing at where he felt the tingling.

Decidueye leaned in, squinting his eyes as he looked at his forehead thoroughly. He put his wing up, ruffling up Lucario's fur and brushing it out of the way.

A silent gasp escaped his beak as he stared in awe at the strange symbol, now embedded into Lucario's forehead. "I...- Do you...- Whaaaat?" He finally stammered out, chuckling to himself.

He shook his head in disbelief, smiling gently. "Do you know how Arceus is depicted in the books, Krash?" Cain blatantly asked, letting go of his forehead.

"I... I don't see what you're getting at." Lucario said and tilted his head, as he brushed the palm of his paw against the part of his forehead Decidueye was examining.

"The rings! You know the rings that Arceus has around its body?" He laughed softly, his smile widening. "You have the rings on your forehead! Only yours are symbols. while Arceus' are physical."

"What?" Lucario thought to himself, smiling awkwardly and nodding. He put his paws up and gave him a thumbs up. "That's good...?"

His apparent confusion made Cain sigh as they trotted further through the barren landscape. The big owl shook his head. "I'll show you once we get back home."