36

🌻 AVALINE🌻

"What do you want to talk about now?" Ed said rather rudely.

"Eddy my Teddy, calm down. You just woke up a few hours ago. Don't stress and listen to me."

"What do you want me to understand Ava, I was unconscious for three days and you already got married."

"Ed, marriage would anyway happen as it was arranged by our dear father. The only difference is I married the man you would have chosen for me rather than our father."

"Ava thankfully it was Neil, but how could you trust anyone to marry them? He was practically a stranger to you. What if he was my nemesis for real?"

"He wasn't a stranger, I worked with him. And about him lying about being your friend, he had tears when I told him about your accident. he stayed up all night to sort everything up. If a man cares this much for my brother, he already holds a big place in my heart. "

"Neil is a good man, Ava. He is a man of his word. He will keep you happy and if he doesn't, we can always bury him in the backyard. "

"Shut up Ed. Let me call Neil in and you better apologize to him."

"Huh, not even in his dreams. " He said in disbelief.
His male ego is taller than Burj Khalifa.
I left the room and called Neil. He was looking tense so I gave him a reassuring nod and a small smile.

Together we went back to the room.

"Now that you both are married, there are few rules.
1. No PDA.
2. No getting clingy in front of me.
3. Strictly no kissing.
4. I can't live away from my sister so Neil, we are both moving, you know where.
5. You both are important to me so take care of each other.
6. I don't take sides but if things went South, Neil you will be buried in the backyard.
7. No PDA, I repeat.
8. No making kids yet. Better sleep in different rooms.
9. I want my alone time with both of you, at least once a week.
10. Ava, you are not allowed to take his side in front of me.
11. Ava, he is my best friend so try not to poison him.
12. Strictly no PDA.
13. I don't-

"These are enough rules, I think Ed. I can't remember more so you can text me the rest." I interrupted him.

"Okay, I'll text both of you." Is this man for real?

"So Ed, have you forgiven me now? You accept me for Ava?"

"Neil, I never disapproved of you for my sister. I was just disappointed with how those events turned out. Once we return to the States, talk to your family and we can arrange a big ceremony. But as your brother-in-law, I am still a little upset. Maybe you can convince me with your vintage car, the black one. "

"You cheeky man, I knew you had eyes on my baby. "

"Come on, I am giving you my princess, you can't give me a car. Don't be materialistic, Neil. "

"Look who's talking about being materialistic. Fine, take the car. Maybe you can swoon on a date then. "

"Huh, you think I need some stupid car to woo girls? "

"Guys stop it. " I shouted getting annoyed with their stupid argument.

"By the way, what were you saying about moving? " I asked.

"Oh, we both bought a twin villa in the States. Both the houses are separate but connected. We bought it a few years ago and now we can move in. "

"You guys are insane. But I am happy that we will be living close."

🍁 EDMUND 🍁

"Ava, I am hungry. Can you go and get some soup for me, princess? "

"Sure, Neil you need something. " She asked and Neil shook his head.

As she left, I pointed at Neil to sit on the chair, near my bed.

"So what do you want to talk about? " Neil asked me.

"Neil you are my brother. You were with me throughout. So on a serious note, we you ever have a fight or disagreement with Ava. Promise me it wouldnt strain our friendship. "

"Don't worry Ed, I assure you. And I promise to always be with Ava and take care of her. I'll protect her and cherish her along with you. She just got another person to count on. "

"Thanks Man. Your family would be fine right, I mean You got married so suddenly."

"They were already pestering me to get married, anyways, I'll talk to them when we go back tomorrow. Now you should get some rest, I'll be in the waiting area. " I nodded and he left.

Three days and so much have happened. My brother became my brother in law. My princess is married. We were separated when she was 8 and my brain still thinks of her as a little 8 year old girl. I still can't grasp the fact that she is married. Though I am happy the boy is Neil. I know his values and how he respects girls. I know my princess would be happy with him. Yet I am sad that she will live in a different house. Twin villa are connected to each other, there is a common passage connecting them. I guess they will have to deal with a permanent guest now.

What Ava did with Mr Knight tells me that my baby girl has indeed grown up. I am relieved that finally a sad chapter ended in our life.
I was feeling a little drowsy so I closed my eyes and rested.

🌿🌸Author's Time🌸🌿

QOTD: What is your favourite sport?