[ 23 ] ❌Once A Brat, Always A Brat

According to Sukuna's will, they were granted limited knowledge. It was just enough to absolve him and satisfy the higher up's concerns—that Gojo was indeed in the Prison Realm, courtesy of the curses from the exchange event—but it left much to be desired.

Like, for one, how many, if any, curses were left alive and who said curses were.

"For every finger I eat, I'll answer one question of my choosing," Sukuna said, with the condition graced with a sinister smile: "So long as Itadori's dynamic still responds to Megumi's orders while I'm in control."

This didn't guarantee Sukuna would be frugal with his finger-eating, and it also didn't expose the fact that the scroll of fingers was in Megumi's pocket as they left Yaga to cross campus.

Paranoia had Megumi's hands wedged firmly together over the scroll. A part of him worried his body heat would melt the fingers. Should he keep them in the refrigerator?

Maybe he should buy a mini fridge.

"Relax," Sukuna sighed in irritation. He was a step ahead of Megumi now, walking with a purpose and a distinct disinterest in the rest of the school.

Under the street lamps, his smile gleamed when he glanced back at Megumi. "You did well."

Megumi ignored the spark of childlike delight this praise provided. "You too. I guess."

"Indecision does you no justice," Sukuna chided, falling into step with him just to lean into Megumi's view. Megumi's eyes narrowed. "What am I?"

"I hear that overusing it dulls its effectiveness," Megumi said, and punctuated it with a flick to Sukuna's forehead tattoo.

Sukuna ducked back and turned on one foot in a full circle. He swept back into pace with Megumi, hands in his pockets, a pout on his lips.

"I bring you your teacher—on a silver platter, might I add—and this is the thanks I get?"

When Megumi remained silent, eyes ahead, Sukuna rolled his eyes, head hanging against his opposite shoulder. He waited a moment for a better reaction but found none. He sighed dramatically, only to perk up a moment later.

"In your room then? That's what you're waiting for?" Sukuna postulated, leaning into Megumi's space again. His arm dropped around Megumi's shoulders. "Surely this is enough for you to—"

"Not if you're annoying about it, " Megumi seethed, unwinding himself just in time to skip up the steps. He dropped Sukuna's wrist behind him and went instead for his room keys. "Do you have Itadori's keys?"

"Yes."

He swiped into the building and, pushing in, said, "Then grab his shower caddy and get clean, for starters. You still smell like the ocean."

Sukuna blinked at him. Megumi rose an unimpressed brow before turning away. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Sukuna's devilish smile on full display. It was almost mocking.

Megumi took a deep breath and dispelled the nerves. It had been a while since they last... you know , and Megumi feared the consequences of that lapse in time and judgement. Without the cloud of domdrop on his mind, anxiety festered.

Had he... even been good in bed? How could he not be awkward about this now, after everything?

If only instincts had a switch, Megumi thought. The mechanics were all wrong in his head. Before, he'd just... done it without a care. He'd been on complete autopilot and wished for that determination again.