Chapter 13: Elusive Illusions.

It's been three days since Cain and Krash returned from the mountains, with Cassian still nowhere to be found. Decidueye thought he was captured and killed off for something...

But Lucario never thought of that, neither did he think it was possible. Truth be told, he never saw him fight, but he can surely stand up for his own.

Sol and Luna were frequent visitors of the blue furred Pokemon's dreams and daydreams. Apparently, they took a liking to him, and so did many other deities and gods.

Lucario was out gathering berries, as per usual. It was his duty, after all. He gave a promise to Cain to farm berries from the forest whenever they ran out.

It's quite the tiring and boring job, consisting of climbing trees, throwing the berries that grew up high in their crowns down to the ground and picking out the good ones from the bad ones.

And sometimes, when he got extremely unlucky, he'd find a Crabrawler resting up on the tree amongst the berries. 

Of course, Crabrawlers being themselves, they always wanted to pick a fight with him whenever they got disturbed. 

Though they were quickly chased off and ran away in fear the moment they realised their weak punches didn't do any damage.

Today was a particularly laborious and unfruitful day; practically none of the berry trees Krash visited had any fruit growing on them.

Once he got to the fifth empty tree, Lucario looked up into and sighed in defeat and disbelief, shaking head. "Another one? Add that to the count, Luna." 

The Lunala sighed, nodding her head as she rested up on her colleague's shoulder. "Got it..." She fell silent for a moment, only to continue talking a few seconds later.

"Isn't it weird though? I mean, there are usually plenty of berries here." Lucario replied to her with a slow nod.

"True... Still, it wouldn't hurt to see if there are any up there, no?" He shrugged nonchalantly and smiled nervously, wrapping his legs around the base of the trunk.

He put his paws up on the tree, pushing himself with both his legs and arms working heavily. 

They were tired. After such a long day of climbing trees, getting through thick bushes and giving his all for nothing, it was understandable that Lucario felt tired. 

As he got halfway up the tree, a Crabrawler suddenly popped out from the top of the tree's crown, staring down at Krash with its usual, angry expression.

And after a while of not saying anything, with the furry Pokemon suddenly going immobile, the small crab gave a war cry and charged down at him.

Now nervous, Lucario took one of his paws off of the tree, leaving only one arm wrapped around it as he tried to grab the Crabrawler's pincer to stop him.

But his hurried and desperate tries of not falling down to the ground, were eventually the thing that made him slip and fall.

Krash's paw was fiercely smacked by the Boxing Pokemon, who only laughed and cheered as he watched the intruder fall.

Meanwhile, Lucario was panicking as he began falling with his back pointed downwards. He tried his best to rotate mid air to cushion his fall somehow, failing miserably at doing so.

While he may have succeeded to not fall on his back, potentially rendering him paralysed, he in turn landed on straight legs.

The sheer amount of force that shot up his bones as he finally made contact with the ground, made them hit against each other.