|| One.||

Zarah
Colder than up north, my heart was
You grabbed it and held it, so close to your chest No wonder I feel loved
~ Sakari

ZarahColder than up north, my heart wasYou grabbed it and held it, so close to your chest No wonder I feel loved~ Sakari

"You gotta stop staring at those papers baby, just sign them." I look up at Gemma, sighing as I lean back, pushing the divorce papers across the table away from me.

"I know." The hmm she let out indicated she had something to say. My step- mom wasn't very quiet with her opinions, and it's something it took me a very long time to accept. I'd hear what she had to say one way or another, that was that. "I spent ten years with him, how can he so easily leave ?"

"Men are idiots." She shrugged. "You'll end up with the person you're meant to be with. One day at a time baby." She put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a squeeze, leaving me to move behind the bar and restock. The party for Bobby's homecoming was tonight.

"Need me to grab anything before tonight ? I have to work till seven, but I'll be here after." I toss my water bottle into the trash as I grab my bag, stuffing the divorce packet into it. Sliding it over my shoulder, bouncing my keys in my hand.

"Nah, I got it handled with the prospect, have a good day baby." I smile and blow her a kiss as I made my way out of the clubhouse.

Being a nurse at St. Thomas was something I worked really hard to get. My last name made it twice as hard to secure a job, my dad's club was well known. The Sons Of Anarchy Redwood Original Motorcycle Club or just Samcro. I was top of my class in nursing school. Fought my way into the hospital promising to stay out of trouble and keep the Samcro business away from my work. Which so far has been successful. I clocked in, tossed my bag into my locker and quickly got report, making my rounds.

"Jax Teller is asking for you." Janice told me, popping her head into the nurses station. I smile, submitting all my reports. It was time to go home and I was very ready to go. The last twelve hours were brutal. Two car accidents, one stabbing and one attempted murder- suicide. I had already clocked out, and grabbed my bag from my locker, it sat between my feet.

"Okay, thanks girl!" She waved and headed to one of her patients who'd call light had started going off.

Jax stood talking to Abel in his incubator. While growing up, Jax swore he'd never settle down. Never wanted any kids. But watching the way his expression melts every time his eyes land on that little boy, being a father is exactly what he's supposed to be. Abel makes him slow down and think about things. Things he would just shoot for usually. I close the door softly behind me, Jax didn't even hear me come in. I wrap my arms around my best friend, pressing my cheek against the back of his leather cut.

"Hey, Janice says you asked for me." He turns his head to see me peaking up at him already, giving me a smile.

"I did. Thought I'd give you a lift to the party." I nod, pulling away and looking down at Abel. "Hey sweet boy. Auntie Zarah is here." Abel kicked his little legs softly, reacting to my voice .

"You're his favorite." Jax rolled his eyes playfully.

"Cause I see him every day." I stuck out my tongue which made Jax laugh. "Bye little man!" I call out as Jax and I made our way out of his nursery.

Jax and I walked side by side throughout the hospital, earning dirty looks from half of the staff and the other half of the patients that knew who both Jax and I were. Zarah Lynn Morrow, Jackson Nathaniel Teller, both of us representing the same thing, Samcro. Both "criminals." I hadn't even once been arrested, I kept my acts clean, never strayed into the crimes of the club. At least not yet.

We made a pit stop by my apartment first so I could change out of my blue scrubs. I changed into a black mini dress with a pair of red heels. I fluffed my naturally curly hair as it fell down my shoulders and to the middle of my back. The dress blessed my curves, my DD's and my round bottom had been made noticeable by the gym these days. It was the only place I could get out my aggression that didn't involve me getting arrested for murdering my cheating, abusive husband.

"You sign the papers ?" He asks, peaking into my room, propping himself on my doorway with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, I turned them into the lawyer on my lunch break today." I finish applying the lipgloss and toss it back onto my dresser. I was bent over the dresser trying to see into my mirror, when I noticed Jax run his eyes over my rear, quickly looking away so I wouldn't notice.

"Finally." He poked. I gave him a look. "Sorry." He raised his hands in defeat. "You ready?"

"Yep." Popping the "p". Grabbing my backpack purse, I slide it over my shoulders and follow him out of my house, grabbing the keys I tossed onto my kitchen table to lock up before I left. Jax was already waiting on his bike when I made my way down from the second floor after locking up. He gave me his usual Teller smile as I hooked my dress up higher and scooted as close to him as possible, covering my bits with his body . He ran his hand up my leg to make sure I was covered before he nods and pulls out of my apartment complex.

"Z, you're here! Thank god!" Tig whined. Acting as if he was hurt. "Please doctor me back to health."

"Shut it, Tig. Before I beat your ass again." I hiss back, making my way inside for a beer, Jax began to laugh at Tig, along with everyone else that once again I shot him down. Just like I do every time him and I come into contact. Tig wasn't being serious when he picked, but sometimes it does get annoying to constantly be hit on someone as old as my dad.

"What can I get ya, Zarah?" Prospect was one of the only ones who used my name.

"Just a beer, Eddie." He smiled and popped the bottle top off, handing it to me from behind the bar. "Thanks!" He nods, moving to serve another. I plop down on the couch, leaning my head against Chibs shoulder.

"You okay lass?" The Scottish man always was the dad of everyone.

"Officially divorced." I huff. He moves his arms around my shoulders and pulls me in for a hug. I curl up to his side. "Why me, Chibs?"

"Cause ye deserve better love." I didn't have anything to say after that, so I continued to drink and enjoy my family,