Trick or Treat, Freak

Halloween, one of Logan's favorite nights of the year, well used to be, he never really dressed up anymore or went trick or treating. He walked his little brother around the neighborhood so Evan could get candy, that's how he spent every Halloween since he got out of Grade School.

Grabbing his backpack and walking downstairs, he saw his mom taking pictures of Evan in his costume. Logan smiled a little seeing his mom happy. "Bye mom, see you later." Logan said before walking out of the house, hearing his mom saying her goodbyes to him and how she will see him later.

-

At school, Logan was the first one there out of his friends so he walked inside the school to his locker and grabbed his books. "Hey." A voice rung out in his ears. He turned around and saw Max looking at him, opening her locker. "Hey." Logan said back smiling. "You like Halloween?" Logan asked leaning against his locker." Max nodded. "Favorite Holiday." Max said closing her locker. Laughter rang out in the hall. Logan looked to see what everyone was laughing at, and saw that his friends were dressed up like the Ghostbusters. Logan closed his eyes in second hand embarrassment for those guys. "I'll see you in class." Logan said to Max before walking away to find Will.

In the middle of the day, the principal came into the classroom to pull Logan out of class because he was leaving. Logan grabbed his things and left the school with his mom.

-

At the office, Logan, Chris and Marissa were still in the car. "Remember, just stay calm and tell him what is bothering you okay, he only wants to help." Marissa said. Logan internally groaned but nodded his head at his mom. Logan exited the car and made his way inside with his mom and baby brother.

"Hello Logan, been a while since I saw you." Dr. Charles said walking into the room. "Yep." Logan responded. "How are you?" the therapist asked. "Same as last time." Logan said. "Have you been sleeping well?" Dr. Charles asked. "I get sleep at night." Logan said. "That's not what I asked?" Dr. Charles said shaking his head. "You told me before to answer truthfully. I am." Logan said with a bit of attitude. "How is your mom?" Dr. Charles asked. "She's fine, but I know she is putting on a strong face for us kids. I hear her at night, crying in her room. Let me ask you a question? I have been coming to these things for almost a year, and nothing you said has gotten better. Now, cut me the bullshit and spare me my feelings, time, and your time and tell me when is it going to get better, if it will?" Logan said staring at his therapist. "I know this is difficult for you Logan, but I see improvement. Talking is working, I know you don't see it but it is working." Dr. Charles said softly. A bell rang next to Dr. Charles. He pressed it and it turned off. "Always a pleasure meeting with you, see you next week." Dr. Charles said walking to the door and opening it. Logan walked out of the room and walked over to his mom who was in the waiting room. "Come on, gotta get home so I can get your brothers ready for trick or treating." Marissa said picking up Chris.

-

At home, Logan was helping Evan with his costume. "Any last minute touches you want to add on your costume." Logan asked. Evan shook his head. "Kay, where is your bag." Logan asked. "On the table." Evan answered. Logan walked over to the table and picked it up. "Here you go." Logan handed the bag to Evan. Evan grabbed it and smiled. "Ready to go?" Logan asked. Evan nodded his head excitedly. "Mom, we are going." Logan called out to his mom. "Alright guys have fun." Marissa said coming out of the kitchen with Chris in her arms. "Bye mom." Evan said walking out the door with Logan.

After like 45 minutes of trick or treating, Logan heard, "Just nougat? It is top three for me." Dustin said. "Top three?" Logan said as he ran over to his friends. Evan following behind. "Top three! Hi Logan, hey Evan." Dustin greeted. Evan waved. "Oh, God. Give me a break." Mike said. "Seriously, I can just eat a whole bowl of nougat. Straight up." Dustin said defending his claim. All of a sudden, a kid is a Micheal Meyers costume popped out in front of the kids scaring all of them. Evan screamed and Logan grabbed a hold of him putting Evan behind him. Lucas screamed the loudest. Laughing came from the kid behind the mask. "Holy shit! You should have seen the look on your faces. And you? Who screams like that? You sound like a little girl." Max said pulling off the mask. She began to walk away, before she turned around again. "Hey, you guys coming or not? Oh, I heard we should hit up Loch Nora. That's where the rich people live, right?" Max chuckled afterwards making Logan smile. "Come on." Logan told Evan as Dustin and Lucas followed after Max.

On Loch Nora, all the kids were trick or treating together. Lucas and Dustin were asking Max questions. "Another full size. Like seriously, rich people are such suckers. Wait, you're not rich, right?" Dustin asked. "No, I live on Old Cherry Road." Max said. "Oh." Dustin said. "No, it's fine. I mean, the streets good for skating." Max continued. "Totally tubular." Dustin said as Max shook her head. "What? Did I say that right? Or is it, like, tubular." Dustin said in a different tone making Max laugh and Lucas joined in. Will and Mike were in the back. Will was filming and Mike was pouting. Logan was listening to the 3 in front of him. Mike suddenly passed Logan bumping into his shoulder. "Prick." Logan whispered before he looked back. He saw Will on the ground. "Will. Will. Will are you okay?" Logan said getting closer to his cousin. "Mike!" Will kept yelling and looking around. Then Will ran. Logan and Evan followed him. "Will. Will! Will get up! Will." Logan was shaking Will. Mike and the others came down right as Will shot up out of breath and looked around. "Are you okay?" Logan asked. Will just whimpered. "Come on. Continue trick or treating, I'm bored anyway." Mike said bending down and helping Will get up before walking away. "What's wrong with him?" Max asked as the boys looked at each other.

"Logan." Evan said yanking on his hand. Logan looked down at him. "Yeah." Logan said looking at him. "I'm getting tired." Evan said. Logan nodded. "Hey guys." Logan called out to the group. The group turned to look at him. "Evan is getting pretty tired so I have to take him home, see you guys tomorrow." Logan explained. "Bye Logan." The group all said bye. Logan began to walk down the road with Evan to his side.