𝟑𝟏 | 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞.

The relief of escaping the tombs in one piece was short lived as Tyrese lowered Donna's body to the ground inside the common area. She had passed away at some point after he took her from Allen. Her eyes remained open as her face rested in a state of torment.

Danny hung back behind the group as he gave the grieving man and his son the chance to say goodbye. Carl however, stood hovering above them ready to move forward once he noticed her soul no longer was caged by her body.

"I'll take care of it." Now with his gun back he raised it towards the woman. Tyrese lifted his hand towards Carl to stop his movements. "Whoa, kid. What are you doing?"

"She doesn't have long." Carl informed him.

Sasha took her arm from around Ben as she stepped forward to address the boy. "Look kid, It hasn't even been that long. They haven't got the chance to say goodbye to her yet."

The tone in which she spoke came off too strong for Danny to allow being directed at Carl. He placed one hand on her shoulder with a firm grip. "Sasha, we don't know how long she's been gone. It can take as little as three minutes to turn and we can't allow that, not in here. They can take all the time they need afterwards."

Carl looked to Tyrese and with a softer tone he tried again. "We can help you but first things first."

"We take care of our own." He responded. Turing quickly around he ripped the hammer from Ben's shaking hand. Allen panicked at the sight as he looked from his dead wife. "No, Tyrese."

"We have to do it. Take Ben and go stand by the wall. It'll be quick." He said as he braced himself.

Allen gave his wife's body one last kiss to her cheek before placing the red bandana over her face. He went back and joined Sasha and his son's side as Danny gave Carl a head nod.

They both stepped aside together in order to give the group their space but also to get back into C-Block without the people noticing.

Carl had just closed the gate when Beth and Jamie noticed him. "Danny!" Her short legs carried her as quickly as they could while Beth followed closely behind.

The sound of the gate shutting mixed with the little girl's excitement alerted the others who now put two and two together.

Sasha hurried over towards the door. "What did you do?" Meanwhile, Tyrese quickly made it to his sister's side before he went through with taking care of Donna's body. "Kid, did you just lock us in?"

Carl didn't have the opportunity to speak before Sasha already turned her sights toward Danny who now held the little girl by his side. "Danny, what the hell is this? Open the door right now."

"Sasha, calm down." He said upsetting her further.
She wrapped a hand around one of the bars of the door. "This isn't part of the deal."

Carl spoke over her as he stood still with keys in hand. "This room is secure. You'll have food and water."

"Open the door." Her voice low and words spoken slow as she tried to contain the anger she felt. Danny turned motioning Beth to take Jamie away from the them.

Carl simply replied, "I can't."

Not wanting to argue with a child she looked up to Danny again. "Come on, we're not animals."