37

👑 NEIL 👑

Today we were returning to the States along with King. He wasn't perfectly fine but was getting there slowly. He has a fracture in his left arm and bandages on his forehead. Ava will be staying with him for a few days to help him while the staff can pack his stuff. She also needs to pack her things.

I dropped both of them into his penthouse and left for my office. I have been ignoring work for a few days now, something that never happened before.

It's already evening now, so I plan to have dinner tomorrow with my family. I first want to tell them about Ava before introducing her to them.

In my family, there are my parents, sister and grandfather. My dad is the COO of the company whereas my grandfather is still the CEO. He doesn't come to the office regularly though, so I am the acting CEO and I have all the powers he has, but if the time comes, it will be his words over mine. When he chooses to retire, I'll take over.

The next morning, I had breakfast with Ed and Ava then Ava and I left for the office together.

I made coffee for both of us and then called Ava in my office.

"Mr Atkins, how may I help you? " She asked with a mischievous smile as she knew I hated her calling me that and now we are married.

"I would rather prefer, husband, darling, honey, etc. You choose Mrs Atkins. " I said with a smirk and she ended up blushing. Cute.

"Neil, why did you call me here." She asked this time with a straight face.

"Let's talk over the coffee. " I said and we both sat on the sofa in my office.
As we sat together and drank the coffee, I passed a box to her.

She opened the box and inside there was a ring I purchased yesterday.
"Ava, will you wear this ring? I want to tell the world that, you, my dear belong to someone now. I want to announce this to the world that you are mine but as you insisted, I am ready to wait till our wedding ceremony, then I'll make you wear my family heirloom. Till then please accept this ring as the first gift from your husband. "

"Neil in those past three days, you gave me various gifts. Your care, support, you being there with me, giving me strength and comfort. Thank you for all the gifts and I would love to wear the ring you brought me, it's very beautiful. "

I slid the ring on her third finger and kissed her knuckles. I love it when she blushes for me. My queen.

After that Ava left, and the day proceeded

I had to go to a lunch meeting and I asked Ava to join me. The meeting was with Mr Brown, one of my old clients.

As we got settled in the private room, a waitress came to take our orders. Her blouse was barely keeping things decent and she was sugestively bending towards me. Such behaviour disgusts me. Though I am used to ignoring such people now. I focused all my attention on the client