𝟑𝟐 | 𝐃𝐨𝐠 𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐬.

People are just not meant to be perfect at everything and that's okay. We as people seem to live with this mentality that practice makes perfect. When in reality it doesn't. Perfect is a hard word to live up to. You can practice something with the same amount of time and energy as you want everyday and still never achieve that kind of success.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it makes permanent. That's the reality of it. When you dedicate yourself to something and practice whatever it is, that practice stays with you. It embeds itself into your mind and also your body. You'll recognize that repetition so that one day you'll go through the motions with highly accurate results. It won't feel like work anymore, you just do it.

That's how I feel about taking a persons life nowadays. I wouldn't count that as practice makes perfect either so permanent seems like the best term.

The mind numbing trance that I've been experiencing since the fight began, it hadn't worn off yet

The mind numbing trance that I've been experiencing since the fight began, it hadn't worn off yet. Even with my adrenaline that disappeared on the way home, I still remained on auto pilot doing what I had to do in order to get back here. Now that we made it back it's as if my body knew what I wanted to do more than anything— Break. Yet my mind wouldn't allow me to do so knowing that what was started in Woodbury would have consequences coming soon. However, my mind stood no chance against my body as one look of him and that ice around my heart thawed.

"Nate," He said sounding almost as broken as I felt. I stood with my hands on my hips as I looked to the ground.

The words wouldn't release from my minds death grip as I remained in shock. Lifting my gaze to my best friend damn near broke me. It didn't feel real. After what I did to our brother, I didn't deserve to find comfort in him.

My eyes watered as I fought back the urge to disappear into the tombs for my kind of therapy. "I thought you'd make it out before me. When you weren't there I..."

"Beth told me you went back for me." Danny said as he tried to find the words to bring me peace.

I nodded as I took a deep breath. "I couldn't find you. Then Carol made it back and she told us what happened. Dammit Danny, I thought you were dead."

Five. The number of brothers I've lost since the outbreak started now that he's back.

He wrapped his arms around me as he pulled me in. Giving me a pat on the back he lifted the mood just by being himself. "You look like shit, man." His low chuckle matched mine for the moment as I almost forgot about my appearance.

"What can I say, Miller and I never held back when it came to our competitiveness." I said as he released me.

His brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed. "Miller did this? He's in Woodbury?" My silence spoke volumes as I shook my head. His eyes dropped to my neck as he caught the sight of the newest addition to the collection. "No," His hand shot up to cover his mouth as he stepped back. "He wouldn't do this. He... he was..."