𝟑𝟑 | 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬.

The group of four new faces stood staring as the two leaders of the prison made their way down the steps

Nate's movements came to a halt as he looked over in their direction. Rick however, he couldn't be bothered to stop. He slightly turned his head to see them while walking over to the gate.

Carl unlocked the door allowing him and Hershel inside as Danny filled the space beside the new arrival. His arms crossed over his chest as he then turned his back from the group to face Nate.

"Give me the chance to talk to you before you react." He whispered as not to be heard by anyone else. Nate's cold glare never left the four until he slowly gave a head nod and walked over to the gate.

Sasha looked to Danny just as he looked over his shoulder. Much like the others he didn't say a word. He simply looked forward and disappeared into the cell block. Once the boy locked the door and headed farther inside Sasha released the breath she didn't realize she even held.

"That's who we were waiting for?" Ben's hushed voice caught all of their attention as they turned to him. "Did you see the bruises around his neck?" 

Allen's anger grew louder even if his volume didn't. "We should've made our move before they got back."

"He looks like he just went twelve rounds with Godzilla and lived to tell the tale. We're screwed." Ben said wrapped in nerves. Tyrese gave the boy a stern look as Sasha glanced back to the gate. "Calm down."

Allen hissed in his direction. "This is your fault. We could've been locked safety behind the gate by now. They wouldn't have had the chance to get back in."

"He was wearing the uniform." Tyrese said directed to his sister. "That has to be Danny's friend meaning we still have a chance here. Whatever Danny said he listened. We just need to be patient."

"Not like we have a choice now." Allen said coldly as he turned to look at his worried son. "We'll figure something out."

Nathan's POV

Nathan's POV

My black eye, the bruises covering the left side of my jaw and the markings around my neck were the first things Beth noticed when looking over to me.