Au revoir

It was a cold and snowy winter evening. Everyone went about their respected business, no one, dared to notice the forming clouds up ahead. A brunette man stops by a tower, grinning to himself in a strange manner. With every tick of the clock, the shouts of the people became more apparent, his smile widened. "5...4...3...2...1!.." everything went still. From the wind blowing, to the leaves in mid-air, to the heartbeats of countless victims. A strange figure--dressed in all white, winged on both sides--appeared.

After its grand appearance, time seemed to come back in place. The people seemed to regain mobility, but they all stood frozen in shock. "Why would there be a flying angel in the skies? Am I hallucinating? Those were the words flashing through their minds. Everyone except 2 individuals.

"Why she kinda?" Dazai asked, still looking up. He was not surprised or scared, but rather, ready to flirt. Although, this was not new for Fyodor. "Dazai, stop that. Let's at least pretend to be serious" Fyodor's voice sounded as though he would break down laughing any second. Placing his arm around Dazai's shoulder, he closed the distance between them. The two stare into the sky, as the winged figure began it's speech.

"How was your day? Mine was great and that's all that matters" the figure flew closer to the audience, now only a few hundred feet high. "Did she lie?" Dazai looked over at Fyodor, "No sir, she did not" Fyodor added. It was clear they agreed with the woman's (figure) choice of words. I mean, did she?

"Anyways, I have an announcement so listen long and well. You humans have been chosen to play our death game, "IRL". It stands for "In Real Life", your lives are connected to the game. Meaning...if you die in the game you die in reality. You will all randomly be selected into this game every month. So don't be too surprised ok? I expect you all to put your all into the game, try not to make it boring"
She snapped and suddenly the people were brought to a field, by people I mean 4 billion of the worlds population.
Dazai and Fyodor eyed each other, no one said a word. But their excitement said everything.