39

🌻 AVALINE 🌻

In my defence, he was panicking and wasn't letting me speak a word. Moreover he was looking adorable and too cute whereas I was high on emotions.

So I did it.

I did it.

I did it.

I did it in front of his parents.

I kissed him.

It wasn't a KISS kiss but more of a SHUT-UP-PECK

It was my first kiss.

It was our first kiss.

At least he was quiet now. But his eyes were so wide open that they may fall off their sockets.

Dad cleared his throat and brought us back to earth.

"You, young man, your first thought was that I would hurt your wife. "

"She was crying and unlike you mom has no mean bone in her. "

"I am hurt. "

"Why were you crying Ava. "

"Because I was very happy. "

"Try laughing next time you get happy, it will save your husband from getting an early heart attack. Anyway, what made you this much happy. "

"My parents" I said and tightly hugged both mom and dad again. They almost lost their balance because of the sudden attack. Dad patted my head lovingly and mom laughed at my antics.

It took a few seconds for Neil to understand what was going on.
But when he did, the smile on his face was worth it.

We all got settled on the sofas in the garden as mom and dad wanted to have a talk with us.

"Neil, we are happy you found Ava but why did you both get married all of a sudden?" Mom asked.

"And Ava, tell us something about you and your family? " Dad added.

"Dad, I am Avaline Raine, younger sister of Edmund King. He is the only family I have apart from this new one. I got separated from my brother when our parents got divorced but met him again after so many years. My parents are no longer in the picture. They are a sour topic for me. I am a business graduate and was working at Atkins empire as Neil's assistant. Later, I found out that he is my brother's best friend. " I stopped, because I didn't know how to proceed and explain our marriage.

"Let me continue further, I always secretly adored Ava but didn't say anything because she was my best friend's sister and so was off limits. But, King met with an accident recently and things were going South. One thing led to the other and we got married."

"How's your brother now." Mom asked in concern.

"He is getting better. Apart from the fracture he got on the left arm, the rest of the injuries have healed. "

"Call him here tomorrow, we will meet him and spend the day together. " Dad suggested and I nodded in agreement.

"Do you still live in Neil's bachelor pad, his penthouse. "

"She currently lives with Ed to help him."

"Married couples should not live in different houses. It's not good."

"Don't worry mom, half of the time, I am also there only. And soon we will be shifting to our new home." Neil said making me red.

"That's good, we are happy with you and Ava but Summer and your grandfather have still not accepted this marriage. They are tough nuts to crack. "

"Let's build one bridge at a time, mom. " Neil said to his mother and all four of us went inside the mansion.

"Neil, go and give Ava a tour of the house. Then you both get some rest in your room." Mom told (more like ordered) Neil and we both went away.

Their house was big, beautiful, spacious and pretty. It was divided into 7 floors. Grandfather had an entire floor for just himself, we didn't go there. Neil and Summer have their rooms on a different floor with various other recreational and hobby rooms for both of them and an office for Neil. Mom and Dad lived on a different floor. The kitchen, living room, gym, etc were on a different floor. One floor had dedicated rooms for guests. The seventh floor has a big jacuzzi. One floor is dedicated to their cars. I was exhausted after the tour so we went to Neil's room.

I was expecting a typical teen boys room with the posters of a band on one wall and soccer on the other. But I was disappointed, his room was rather plain and boring. Just plain white walls.

"My husband can't be this boring." I said aloud without realising. And regretted it the very next moment.

"No your husband is not this boring, the house got renovated and I didn't stay long enough to redecorate." He said with a smirk.

"That's sad. Can we rest for some time my legs are hurting."

"Come." He closed the door and held my hand and together we went to bed. Now that I think about it, this is going to be weird. How can we sleep in the same bed. What will we do tonight.

"Ava don't overthink, I'll take the couch."

"How do you know what I was thinking?"

"Spend few months with me than you won't even need to think and I'll make it happen for you. By the way, you realize that what you did in the garden, doesn't qualify as a kiss. I think I'll have to teach you properly."

So shameless, I was red till my neck. I took a pillow and aimed it on his face.

"Shut up Neil." I said looking down.

"Your way of shutting me up in the garden was better than his." He gave me a valid reason for the second pillow that came his way.

He busted out laughing, he was laughing so hard that he had tears in his eyes. I was embarrassed because this first time he flirted with me or said something like that. Now he is enjoying on my account.

There was glass of water kept on the bedside. I sneakily took it and emptied it on his face.

Now he wasn't laughing.

"What the hell Ava."

"I didn't wanted you to die from laughter, you know, it wouldn't suit your hotheaded personality."

"You were tired, weren't you. So just sleep while I go and change because of this impromptu rainfall on me."

I smiled, rearranged the pillows and laid down. I was asleep before Neil came out of the washroom. I was really tired, I guess. Maybe I should start working out.

Nevermind.

Goodnight.

😴💤

🌿🌸 Author's Time 🌸🌿

Make sure you haven't missed the surprise on my Instagram.

Loved reading your comments on the last chapter ❤❤❤