Chapter 1

I woke up to the sound of kids screaming and running around me.
I quickly sat up and hit my head on the top of the slide, "Shit!" I said a little louder than I should have.

All of the small children suddenly looked my way as if I had murdered someone or something.
One of them was pointing at me with his jaw dropped.
"Jeez, calm down! I'm leaving." I said while crawling out of the slide and stretching. I grabbed my smallish green bag and headed to school.

I was sleeping at a park near the school for a bit since my mother kicked me out. I'm not fully sure what I did wrong but she's been stressed out and pissy lately.

I walked across the school parking lot and headed towards the cafeteria. As I stood in line I noticed this blue haired boy staring at me. I shrugged it off.

"What do you want?" the lunch lady yelled at me with her usual morning stank face on. "Uhhhhh, I'll just have some CoCo Puffs I guess.." I looked back at the strange boy until I was interrupted by the lunch lady shoving me a small carton of Low-Fat milk and a plastic container of CoCo Puffs.

I walked over to an empty table, sat down and pulled out my writing journal. Just as I was about to pour my milk in my cereal, the blue haired guy sat next to me. "Hey! Katy, right?" he asked politely. "Uhhh yes....??" I reassured him confused. "Do I know you?" He looked a bit offended. "My name is Josh. I have 1st period with you. Sorry this is really awkward for me, and probably for you too but I have something to give you." I listened while I poured my milk. "Oh okay. Can it wait for a sec?" My face started getting red because I was a little but embarrassed "I.. Um forgot.. To get a spoon for my cereal...." Josh laughed a little under his breath. "Oh okay."
I walked over to the utensils and quickly grabbed a spoon so I could get back to Josh.

I stopped in place "Fuck" Josh was reading my writing journal. "HEY! GIVE THAT TO ME!!" I practically screamed across the whole school. "Hey what's your problem?!" He asked as I tore the journal out of his hands. "My problem?!" I laughed taking a bite of my CoCo Puffs. "Okay! First of all, I barely know you and you just randomly decided to walk up to me and start reading my PRIVATE journal?! who do you think you are?" I angrily took one more big bite of CoCo Puffs and walked off to my locker.

I quickly walked to my locker and grabbed my books for first period, suddenly realizing I would have to see him again in a few minutes. "crappp" I said under my breath, slowly closing my locker only to see Josh standing there. "Hey listen I'm sorry about reading your journal, and honestly I only read a few words until you ripped it away from me.. but I really have to give this to you!" He sounded like it was important but I ignored him like a bitch and walked to class. Obviously he was gonna try to talk to me during class, so I sat in the very back corner sunken into my chair.

When I saw Josh walk in, he looked around the room and we unfortunately made eye contact. He started walking up to me "Ah, There you are!" He said relieved. "Hey just please read this for me? It's from my buddy, Tyler." He tossed a folded up piece of paper on to my desk and walked to his desk. I sat up in my seat and read the letter.

Hi, this is Tyler.. I'm not sure if you know me at all but I've seen you around school.. I'm sorry I had Josh bring this to you but I'm actually kind of shy to talk to you. Um so I was wondering if you had like a.. uh.. date to prom yet? I'm really sorry if I'm bothering you. so maybe we could talk sometime..?
Thanks...
~Tyler Joseph

crap. someone likes me?
The doubts started to fill my head again. How could anyone like you? you're so ugly and stupid!
I glanced over at Josh only to realize he had been staring at me this whole time.