19. Red Rose

"A red rose symbolizes endless love, yet I found myself lost in the very end of that eternity."

.
.
.
.
.
.

From that day, their journey began-a journey of Taehyung discovering Red, understanding a part of himself he never knew existed. It was also a journey of getting to know Jeon Jungkook. Slowly but surely, both Taehyung and Red fell in love with the older man. It wasn't just Red who felt the depth of affection; Taehyung, too, found himself madly and deeply in love with Jungkook.

Jungkook handled Taehyung's lows with a grace and gentleness Taehyung had never experienced before. His parents had never shown him such care, but Jungkook was different. He held Taehyung tenderly, patted his back when he achieved something, held his hand when he cried from headaches, and comforted him when he mourned his grandparents. During therapy sessions, when Taehyung broke down, Jungkook was always there, providing support and solace.

Over four months, Jungkook helped Taehyung confront Red and understand him bit by bit. Though Taehyung still couldn't remember what Red did while in control, they maintained a diary where both personalities recorded their experiences. Red, who remembered everything Taehyung did, often wrote about himself, sharing his thoughts with Taehyung.

Taehyung found Red's words strange and sometimes nonsensical, but they shared one crucial bond: their love for Jungkook. Taehyung cherished the man who brought light into his life, while Red was fiercely protective of him. If Taehyung offered a shoulder for his sunshine to cry on, Red was prepared to eliminate anyone who caused his rose pain. In their unique way, Taehyung and Red complemented each other perfectly.

In these four months, a lot had happened. Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi had completed their final exams and graduated from school just yesterday. Today was Taehyung's birthday, and they decided to celebrate it together, marking a new chapter in their intertwined lives.

And today, both Taehyung and Red had decided to turn their rose into Red. They had agreed to confess their love for Jungkook. Now that Taehyung was an adult, Jungkook wouldn't reject him, right? Although Taehyung knew he was still far from being capable of standing beside Jungkook as a boyfriend, he wanted the older man to understand how much he mattered to him. Jungkook had taken the broken glass pieces of Taehyung's life, shattered by his parents, and crafted them into a beautiful piece of art.

Taehyung had struggled to understand Red, but they connected on one crucial point: Jungkook. He wanted the older man to know that Taehyung didn't see him as an older brother; he loved him deeply, like a star loves the night sky or the sun adores the morning sky. Their love for Jungkook was beyond beautiful, transcending the ordinary.

Taehyung dressed carefully that morning, his heart pounding with anticipation and nervousness. The letter from Red, with its promise of unwavering support and a red rose, had given him the courage to move forward. As he made his way to the Jeons house, he felt a mixture of fear and hope.