°✮ 40°✮

"so you're not dating", becky gathered, pacing slowly back and forth..i shook my head.."But you aren't single either", i nodded.."i dont know, we're 'just friends' for now, but i really want to be something more", i sighed..

she sat next to me, placing a hand on my thigh, "you should tell him".."i should, but with the whole austin-taking a break-media situation, im not really sure", i pathetically vented..

I groaned loudly, covering my eyes with a cushion.."There's nothing i hate more than what i can't have"..becky playfully gasped to this.."you greedy girl", she teased..

Our interaction was interrupted by scott calling me."Whats up?" "Yeah you remember that voice note you sent us this morning?", he asked me to which i responded "oh yeah? what about it?" "Well we've perfected the production, so its best if you come and record it today, like, now..sorry" "Oh no its fine i get it..we have some other songs to record too though right?" "Yeah, we'll do all that today" "Ok, i'll be there in", i paused, glancing at the clock that hung high in beck's living room, "30 minutes?" "Perfect", scott confirmed. "K, see you then", smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i reached the studio 5 minutes earlier, smiling to see scott and donny, i hadnt seen them in days.."Hey boys", i smiled.."I thought you were dead", donny laughed.

(3 HOURS LATER)

"But you won't, but you won't but you won't..i would stay forever if you, say, don't go...but you won't, but you won't, but you won't", i breathed out, smiling that the song had come to an end. It felt nice to sing songs where i had gotten over the pain..in this case, the song wasn't about austin, it was about an ex of mine, i had nearly 3 years ago, and this song felt like closure..

"So most of the album's done..maybe like 3 or 4 songs need touch ups..other than that, the album will be done in around 2 weeks", jack smiled. "Great!", i excitedly screeched..

68 DAYS LATER

~NOVEMBER 20th 2014~

album release day

stellamonroe posted to their story

liked by louistomlinson, harrystyles, katyperry and 8,912,733 others

stellamonroe SURPRISE!!! i am sobbing as im typing this right now, not a lie..allow me to introduce to you, "New Romantics", an album, diving into the intricacies and complexities of love, loss, friendships, relationships, loneliness, acceptance, liberation and freedom - an album about self reflection and the novelty and impermanence of human connection, articulated in a way where all of us, regardless of our orientation, gender or race can relate, and find their calling through the power of music.

Allow me to present, "New Romantics", an album i've been working hard on for over 2 years along with @donnyblake, @scottfraser, @jackantonoff and @donwilliams,i love you guys so much..thank you for being by my side during this excruciating process.

Special thanks to my friends - yall are crazy, and i dont know how you do it, but your love and support is the only think that kept me from 'jumping off of really tall somethings'..my family, i cant fathom how anyone could love me as much as you all did, maybe i was an angsty teen a few years ago, but you've changed me for the better, and i NOW realize, that you all..are such a vital part of my life and the only support system i need..

And the fans, oh my god, 🌟the fans🌟..you guys have changed my life in ways that i would've never thought was possible, i love you guys so so much, and i am absolutely in awe of the amount of enthusiasm you guys have put into our little family..stellabrators thru and thru..

I hereby announce, from the bottom of my heart, "New Romantics", an album about 19 stories that took place for over 730+ days, come along with me, the best people in life, are free 💃🕺💅🎀🎉✨🎨💄💍💎🎹🎧🎸

sabrinacarpenter ahhhh its here!!!

gracieabrams im so proud bih-

beckycarolina im so so sooooo happy..so proud well done babe

wild3stdreamsssah i love this album smmm

f3verdr3ams ikrrr

bellahadid love it sm

stellamonroe aw thankss

~~~twitter~~~

Chart Data                                                                                      Follow @chartdata

Stella Monroe's #newromantics has broken the record for the fast album to hit the number 1 spot on Spotify AND itunes in less than 5 minutes-

congragulations @stellamonroe !! 👏👏🥇

likes 104.4 K retweets 98.8K

||| Chart Data @chartdata 16m .

@stellamonroe's "is it over now?" debuts at #1 on the global spotify chart, surpassing 17.39 million streams, breaking the record for the biggest opening day in the platforms chat history..

||| Chart Data @chartdata 16m .

@stellamonroe's "blank space" debuts at #2 on the global spotify chart, surpassing 16.4 million streams, breaking the record for the second biggest opening day in the platforms chat history..

Stella Monroe                                                                                    Follow @stellamonroe

Stella Monroe                                                                                    Follow          @stellamonroe