Chapter 66 - The Curse

The air was thick with a poisonous aura of treachery and malice. Amidst the wide space of this ancient hometown, a heinous act had been committed, marring the sacred aura of the floating island.

The healer's plan had been cunning, her vengeance was going swimmingly. The curse she had toiled over for half a millennium was about to be unleashed upon the earth. A sickness without a remedy, designed to infect and bring down all living beings, would soon rain from the heavens like a plague.

"Fuck..." Felicia grew still as the pain in her gut faded away, a temporary numbness enveloping her entire torso.

Naomi noticed the creator fixed her gaze on her and her lover standing before her,  feeling a deep disgust at the lovely sight.

Despite that, The revengeful healer knew she was unable to vent her anger, as the dark tendrils still held her in custody, preventing her from even the slightest movement.

What a pitiful sight.

And it was all worth it.

With this ingenious scheme, her plans had come to fruition, allowing her to exact her revenge on the creator for her pride, her disregard for her own allies, and her relentless grip on power. Her vanity knew no bounds, and she was willing to sacrifice even the most valuable partnerships in pursuit of her own self-interests. It was a necessary evil in order for the healer to right the wrongs that had been committed against her.

The way Felicia turned her back to her itched her memories, her broad shoulders facing away as she cast a cold glance towards her. Naomi remembered as she watched the action with a deep sense of hope, thinking that Felicia might be different from the other high-ranking individuals who had always oppressed the low ranks.

However, it was clear that Felicia was no different.

What a fool for Naomi to think Felicia would willingly accept her works and effort, the replicating potions was one of her best achievements. She had assumed that Felicia would appreciate the hard work she put into her healing powers, but sadly, she was wrong.

Rather, it seemed that Felicia was only interested in her own agenda, and was willing to let her banished to keep her position in the immortal world.

But amidst the sister-like friendship, Naomi had let down her guard, forgetting for a moment that Felicia was a high-ranking immortal creator, and a powerful one at that.

For once, the least. She thought that ranks in the hierarchy held no boundaries towards friendship.

Such things don't exist anymore.

At least that's what she thought.

"What have you done to Danial?" Felicia formed words, but each one was fractured, like the shards of a broken mirror. It clicked Naomi from her mind, letting out a sinister hum.

"Oh no.. it was his free will... all along." Naomi giggled. "Our sweetest revenge."

"No..." Tears almost formed in the corner of her eyes, Naomi watched with delight. Her fingers brushed against her tender lips, the dark ink of corruption blemished her once pure heart.

"Heartbroken isn't it? Your life was washed away because of the cycle I started."

"Oh well, what a weird world we live in." She twirled with a strand of her violet hair. "And you were greedy enough to keep it! That makes us even! You're no better than me." She boomed, cackling with evil.

"You sorely spread the rumors about me! Trying to disgrace my name!" Felicia shouted with a strained voice and spat the blood that had been building up in her mouth.

"Well, it was believable." Naomi shrugged and smiled.

"You worthless cunt-"

As the creator's words struck a chord in the sorcerer, Danial's tendrils tightened their grasp on Felicia's abdomen, causing her to cough violently, spewing saliva mixed with blood. "Bastard..." She breathed.

"Anything to weaken your spirit, if I may say." Naomi giggled at the sorcerer's actions and Felicia's demise. Feeling a hint of satisfaction.

"Say, Felicity. Have you created a life yet?" Naomi strolled towards the miserable creator, her hair and robe flew elegantly by the wind of the sea.

"Why would you want to know-"

"Answer her!" Danial impaled another tendril into her shoulder.

"Argh!" A muffled scream escaped from Felicia's lips. Felicia tried to call upon her corrupted energy, but it seemed to hide beneath the surface. Late, just like at the deserted town battling with the serpents.

Felicia didn't know why it didn't come to her aid, she was definitely not threatening her own life at this point. She was almost at the brink of death not by her will. Yet the corruption was supposed to protect the vessel didn't act, yet.

Naomi tilted her head at the sight, seeing the creator so vulnerable was the first time for her amethyst eyes to see.  Felicia's dark emphasis seemed to clash with her own personality, and it appeared that the darkness was not fully aligned with her heart, as it was with Naomi and Danial.

Naomi knew Felicia hadn't reaped souls for so long, 500 years to be exact. And certain factors she used to contain the darkness from draining her sanity and filling her desire with evil, would certainly give the dark emphasis an attitude.

"I'll repeat. Have you, created a life yet?" She crouched, her clawed finger digging into her cheek, forcing her to look up.

"No..."

"Surprising! Why is that?" Naomi's pulsating eyes widened, finding it amusing how the creator pride didn't play god yet.

"I didn't... I couldn't do it."

"Really." She pulled her hand away from her face, the creator hung her head low. "Why so?"

"Because every time I tried to form a life, it reminded me of you." She spat the collected blood from her mouth. "I would never... Be like you."

"Tch." That pulled a face out of Naomi, her eyebrows snapped at the creator's remarks. She turned on her heels, walking towards the enraged sorcerer. Her fingers caressing his tense shoulder.

"Kill her." She whispered to Danial.

The healer walked to the center of the island, her boots crashed lightly with the unpaved, grown grass of the path. Meanwhile, Danial had the creator he wanted in his capture, forcing her to see the catastrophe erupting.

Naomi's eyes blazed with power as she unleashed the curse, beckoning forth a tide of corruption to engulf the world.

The curse the evil healer planned was a malignant force, an inescapable affliction with no hope of remedy. The sky crackled with ominous purple hues, and arcane symbols materialized in the swirling clouds as the curse descended upon the earth.

"FACE MY WRATH TO THE BRIM!" The air was filled with the chilling sound of her voice, echoing across the sea as the curse burst forth from her palm, coursing through the air like a dark cloud. Her horns grew, twisting and turning like the shape of a goat's horn, her nails morphing into ebony claws as the full force of the curse was unleashed into the world.

The creator weakly lifted her head, eyes round staring at the chaos unraveling before her eyes and she silently began to gain strength.

"No... I can't let this happen." Felicia muttered to herself. Her body trembling.