Agent 009

The daylight got me and I was yawning the next second. The game from last night was still on, but the pause screen was on with the music playing from the background. One of my controllers was on the floor while the other was on the edge of the bed. Turning to my side, there she was, sleeping peacefully. It was getting late yesterday, so I let her stay over. We played and ate all night and talked about whatever. She was truly a vibe and someone I wanna keep around. I let her wear a pair of my basketball shorts and one of my shirts so she can be comfortable when going to bed. I've never had a girl stay the night over at this place before, so she was the first. I haven't had comfort like this in a while and I was happy she was able to provide that.

I felt my head and I realized my durag came off. I panicked and hurried to find it! Can't embarrass myself like this! I found it under my pillow and put it back on like normal. After all that commotion, Barbie started to move. I didn't mean to disturb her at all.

"Barbie?" I said softly.

"Hm?"

"Oh. I'm sorry...didn't mean to wake you,"

"What are you doing up?"

"I was just stretching. Hey, if you're ready to go home, just let me know, okay?"

"Yeah. Are you going to work today?"

"No, not today," I said, lying back down. "I'm relaxed today,"

"Relaxed?"

"Yeah. My boys good for today. They'll be good,"

"How long have you guys been friends?" She said, turning towards me.

"Years...since we were kids. Those my boys and we've grown close. Well, we met Davion in high school while me and Cam been friends since elementary school,"

"You guys were nerds?" She asked.

"Kind of, but Cam was more popular. What about you?"

"I was friends with these girls, Rainy, Geneva and Jada. Malik got in the way and took control down the line and it pushed my friends away. Jada, on the other hand, was backwards as fuck. She's a weird bitch. We used to be friends and shit, but she wanted my man at the time, Malik, after we all fell out. But she had like two other niggas up her ass! Rainy and Geneva are still friends and I miss them...I just don't know how to get back in contact,"

"Have you tried?"

"Every time I tried, Malik would ruin it for me. He used to be a good person, but he got controlling and hostile out of no where. He was the first guy I was really serious with and then things started to crumble. Maybe because he started messing around with Jada and shit was awkward,"

"How does Jada look?"

"Slim, brown skin, always wearing wigs, big lips, nose stud, a regular girl,"

She may be talking about the Jada that came by the store yesterday. Shit! I don't wanna ruin the moment, so I won't say anything.

"Okay,"

"I don't like her ass no more anyways. She's weird as fuck and always will be,"

"Good,"

"Hopefully one day...things will be different in my love life and shit will be steady,"

"I was with a girl and she was materialistic. And it's okay to want nice things, but don't drain me for it,"

"Did you know she was materialistic?"

"No. Well, she's always stated how she wanted nice things, but she would usually work for it. It wasn't until me and my bros opened the shop and it was good money. She just started acting funny. Draining me financially, started talking about the neighborhood I lived in, made me feel insecure at times, and she would even go out her way to piss me off; asking other niggas for money. Made me feel like a kid who couldn't do shit about it. I parted ways with her and I never spoke or seen her again,"

"Did she have a job?"

"Yeah, but I guess that city girl mentality got to her," I said, skating my head. "I tried dating after that, but nothing serious ever came out of it,"

"I tried to date too. Even when I was with Malik. He was doing everything outside our relationship, so I just saw other people. He eventually found out and got really mad at me. It was emotionally exhausting, so I gave up. The day I came to the shop to get my laptop fixed, I broke it because of him. He had the nerve to call me and Jada was with him. I broke up with him and let him know I was done with his ass. They can have each other," she expressed.

"...That night at the party...I saw you,"

"Of course you did," she chuckled.

"No...I was upstairs in the room. I was trynna get away from the loud noise. Cam and Davion wanted me to go with them to the party. I heard someone coming and I hid in the closet. I saw you and Malik come in and I heard you guys argue," I admitted. She looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "I saw you crying that night...I heard how he was talking to you, Barbie. So...when you left out of the room, it was my mission to look for you. I didn't just talk to you because you were cute. I talked to you because you were hurt and I wanted to make you feel better, so I invited you to hang with me and my friends. Especially after hearing you had no friends, I was happy I came through. I'm sorry if this all sounds creepy, but I couldn't just let you be sad,"

"You're a miracle, you know that?" She said.

"No, but I do now," I smiled. "I just felt really bad for you and wanted to remove you from that situation,"

"I appreciate that. Thank you,"

"You're welcome,"

She scooted closer to me and laid on my chest. I cupped her in my warm embrace and we laid there listening to the background music of the game and the birds outside. Maybe it really was a miracle I was in the room that night.