CHAPTER 46 Undercover Agent

MATCHA POV

It's been two days since we've acquired the unknown drug. As soon as we got a hold of the drug, Cleosur immediately examine it and today he will reveal what kind of drug it is. Ngayon din pala namin malalaman ang history ng MLI kay Forest. Yes, it took him 2 days to gathered all the information since it's well hidden at tanging basic information lamang ang makikita sa surface ng internent. Kompleto na kaming lahat dito sa office at naghihintay na lang na matapos ang set-up nila Mojito sa presentation.

"I'll go first." Forest said getting our attention.

Lahat naman kami ay natuon sa malaking screen kung saan nakalagay ang ang presentation niya.

"Moriarty Laboratories Inc. is a Philippine pharmaceutical company and one of the largest in the phillipines. The company has its headquarters in Cebu, Philippines. It is one of the leader in the health care industry in Philippines with 50-years history." Forest explained.

"That's the leading pharma today here in the philippines." Peanut shared.

"That's right and MLI has more than 20 pharmaceutical products on its name. The company specializes in products for mental health medication and is known for its effectiveness in treating mental health condition and very highly recommended by many doctors in the philippines." Forest noted and paused for a while.

"Just like the MPI, it has successfully produced effective medicines in the market." Cleosur added and we all nodded in agreement.

"MLI begun in 1956 in Cebu, Philippines. When the MPI faced bankcrupcy in 1961, the son of Rudolf Moriarty who's named was Vernon Moriarty followed his Father's footstep and founded the MLI in 1968. After 45 years of leading the company, in year 2013 he finally passed the legacy to his oldest son Otto Leroy Moriarty who is the current Ceo of MLI today."

"And who is this Leroy Moriarty?" I asked my handsome boyfriend.

"He is the current CEO of Moriarty Laboraties Inc. 26 years old and born on November 5, 1992. He is the Oldest son of Vernon Moriarty former CEO of Moriarty Laboratories Inc." Forest explained.

"That's all, if you have questions you can ask me." Forest added and return to his seat beside me.

"How about the test on drug, Cleosur?" Calix asked.

"I'm on it. So, shall we start?" He said while facing us in front.

"I will tell you first the common traits that the victims has when they died from this drug. All the victims has a long term history of mental health conditions and they are all wealthy people. As you already know, it cost 5 million pesos to purchase a single pill. And lastly they all smelled chocolates." Cleosur noted.

"That red pill smelled chocolates? I wonder why the victims easily trusted it." Calix blurted out.

"We couldn't find the exact substances of this drug but here's what the forensic test found." Cleo said and click the next slide.

"This drug is a sythetic opioid, means it targets the brain of the human, capable of inflicting a highly potent psychological effect. Consumption of it will causes a chemical reaction in the brain and has psychoactive effects. According to doctor Steven, psychiatrist of Matcha, the effect it brings was to see not just unreal things but also hear, smell, feel and even taste things that only dwelling within the imagination."

"In short, a living zombie." Bacon said.

Napatingin ako kay Bacon ng sabihin niya iyon. Nahahalata ko sa kanya nitong mga nakaraang araw na nagbabago ang kilos niya. Parang naging mas seryoso at matured ito ngayon kumpara noong una namin siyang makilala. At masyado siyang focus sa kaso na ito. He even helped Forest on some hacking task. Hindi naman kataka-taka iyon dahil madalas naman talagang turuan ni Forest si Bacon pagdating sa hacking and coding dahil related sa computer ang kinuhang kurso ni Bacon. I'm sure there's something with him, hindi man halata ng mga kaibigan ko pero nakakapagbigay siya ng mga solid information sa kaso na ito. Hmm, malalaman ko din kung ano nga ba 'yan.