One Year later.

It had been a tough year for everyone. Their last fight with a horrible beast had left Inuyasha horribly wounded and the worst of it, he seemed to have been chewed up like a dog's chew toy by the monster that killed him, in return Inuyasha did kill the thing but it did kill him in return.

So, they all had lost him to this demon. It shattered everyone on the team it tore them all apart and it felt awful for Kagome to lose him.

 It shattered everyone on the team it tore them all apart and it felt awful for Kagome to lose him

Kagome was truly devastated by the loss of Inuyasha. She felt lost and alone at times, she couldn't go home since the well closed itself up before, she chose to stay because she was going to marry Inuyasha before, and she chose to come back to the village on her own choice but it was a one-way trip so there was no going back or going home this time, so she put most of her time into becoming a truly powerful priestess for the longest of times and took her studies and her training seriously, now that Inuyasha was gone and wasn't around to protect her blindside she'd have to learn to protect herself at all cost living here alone and with everyone else that she still loved ever so much, so she had others to protect. 

So, Her and Inuyasha never officially happened, and they were never able to get married as planned. Sesshomarou had taken a strong notice and interest in Kagome's behaviors and her training, she was growing in power all the time, since she studied with the older woman, she had started to show the signs that her former counterpart Kikyo had inside of her, Kagome's powers were finally reaching a truly powerful rank.

 Sesshomarou had taken a strong notice and interest in Kagome's behaviors and her training, she was growing in power all the time, since she studied with the older woman, she had started to show the signs that her former counterpart Kikyo had insi...

She made other demons fear her in a lot of ways. She had become the sole protector of the village, and she kept as many of the bad demons away from her as much as she could, she started to become all serious and no play, it sometimes felt like when Inuyasha died, a part of her died too.

Sango and Miroku tried to remind her of who she is at times, but Sango told her, she wasn't the one who died, Inuyasha did, and they missed him too, he didn't just belong to Kagome or Kikyo, he belonged to all of them he was their family too, he was there friend too, and she was acting selfish sometimes too, thinking she had to do everything alone and stand alone on this...! they wanted to help out too...! Inuyasha was their brother too...! Stated Sango.