A Culinary Prodigy (Shinobu x M Reader)

Category: - Romance- Light Angst

Pairing:

- Shinobu x M Reader

-Tamayo x M Reader (Past Relationship)

Setting:

- Modern Japan

Relationship Type:

- Professional Relationship

Summary:

Chef Y/N  is a culinary prodigy from Tokyo who faces numerous personal and professional challenges, including the tragic loss of his loved ones and betrayal by his business partner Muzan. Meanwhile Kocho Shinobu, a rebellious chef running her modest restaurant, "Simple Elegance," catches Y/N's eye during a live stream. After a series of unexpected events, including an amusing encounter with Y/N's second-in-command, Shinobu is offered a chance to prove herself at Y/N's prestigious restaurant, "World's Palette." 

.

❛ ━━・ (🍳🍲🔪🍱)・━━ ❜

.

Magazine Japan's Personalities #4, "Y/N L/N." : A Culinary Prodigy.

Born into the modest quarters of Tokyo's Shibuya district, Y/N's life was marked by hardship. His father, a hardworking salaryman tragically lost his life in a car crash, leaving behind a devastated wife and a young Y/N. The driver intoxicated and reckless, robbed Y/N of his father, instilling in him an early disdain for carelessness and irresponsibility.

Despite the bleakness of their circumstances, Y/N's mother worked tirelessly as a housemaid for affluent families in the upscale neighborhoods of Minato, she managed to make delicious meals from mere scraps that deeply impressed young Y/N.

Y/N's childhood was a lonely one yet in this solitude he found solace in the kitchen, replicating his mother's recipes to one day pamper her with a feast befitting a queen.

He observed his mother's employers – the wealthy and privileged – with resentment and aspiration. Their disregard for his mother's hard work fueled Y/N's ambition to surpass them, to become a figure of respect and fear in the very circles that once looked down upon his family.

During these formative years, Y/N formed two unlikely friendships — with Tamayo, a girl from a family of esteemed doctors, and Muzan, a boy from a lineage of influential politicians. Both relationships kept clandestine due to the difference in their social standings provided Y/N with glimpses into worlds vastly different from his own.

The trajectory of Y/N's life took a harrowing turn at the age of 14. His mother was fatally struck by a speeding vehicle in a hit-and-run incident — an utterly preventable tragedy caused by a moment of negligence. Leaving a boy who waited awake all night for a mother that would never return.

In the aftermath of this tragedy, the Ubuyashiki family, renowned psychologists and philanthropists reached out to Y/N during a charity event for orphaned children. They offered him a scholarship and a place in their educational program, recognizing his potential and the depth of his loss. It was here that Y/N met Kagaya, a boy younger in years but wise beyond them, who became a source of comfort and friendship.