The Sire

"Damn it, Damon! I'm in love with you! Why cant you just accept that?!" Elena shouts. We have had this argument many times, the problem is: She is sired to me. That means she feels inclined to do anything I say without question, that she is not her. As much as I don't want to believe it, the sire bond is the whole reason we are together.

"No, Elena, you're not! You think you are but that's just the sire bond messing with your head!" I am furious at this thing, this affliction that is changing Elena. I don't care if she doesn't love me but for this bond, Elena has turned into some kind of robot who has false emotions, and I can't love someone who doesn't truly want to be with me.

"Damon, you're being ridiculous! You know how I feel about you!" I sigh; this is going nowhere... I'm not going to back down and neither is she. I know what I need to say, but I can't bring myself to do it. Get a grip. This is the best way. For both of us.

"Elena... I think it would be best if we spent some time apart," she instantly looks bewildered "you go stay at home while I figure out a way to cure you. Once that's done we'll see how you feel.

"Damon... Are you throwing me out?!..."

"yes. I am." Its the only way, so why does it hurt so bloody much? She just stares at me, gaping.

"fine. If that's how you feel. And by the way, Damon... Stefan is a far better kisser than you." That's exactly what I was talking about, the changed Elena... She deliberately tries to rip your heart open with words. The old Elena would never have been so cruel to say that. I have to get her back. What ever the new her is trying to accomplish, she's succeeding.