Chapter One

(Maou's POV)

I held my head in my hands as I listened to Ashiya and Emi bicker. Emi had come to our home to make sure we weren't "up to no good". Of course, Ashiya took offense to that and now, here I am, listening to them fight.

"You are such a suck up!" Emi yelled. Ashiya gasped, his hand going over his heart.

"A suck up?! I am NOT a suck up!!" He yelled back. Emi scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"Please! You do everything and anything he tells you to do! You even clean up his messes!" Emi exclaimed.

"Guys-" I started, only to get cut off.

"It is my loyal duty as his general to do what he says!" Ashiya snapped. I sighed, running a hand through my hair as the two continued to fight. I should be used to this by now. Every time Emi comes here, they fight. Seems they fight more than even me and Emi do and that is saying something.

"Will you both shut up?!" I yelled after the fighting has continued for ten minutes. They both looked at me, glares still plastered on their faces. I stood and crossed my arms. "I swear, you two act like children..." I murmured. Both gasped, Ashiya looking offended/angered and Emi looking flat out angered.

"Like you're one to talk!" She shrieked. I rolled my eyes and she growled, clenching her fists. "Whatever! I'm done with you two!" She snarled, quickly stomping out. I sighed, shaking my head and looking at Ashiya. His eyes were narrowed slightly as he stared at me.

"U-Uh..." I glanced side to side, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. His narrowed eyes seemed to shine as the room got darker. Wait, it was getting dark? I looked out the window and saw the sun going down. It was noon when Emi got here! I heard Ashiya move, making me look at him. An irritated aura radiated off of him, a thing that usual radiated off of Emi. I guess she really got to him this time. I followed him to the "kitchen" and leaned against the counter while he went to the fridge.

"Do you wish to eat or go to bed?" He asked flatly, looking at me from the corner of his eyes. I walked to the fridge and looked past him. Nothing much was in there and I sighed.

"Sleep I guess..." I mumbled. He closed the fridge and nodded.

"As you wish, mi'lord." He said, turning away and walking to the sleeping mats. Feeling annoyed, I followed him and grabbed his wrist. He turned towards me, annoyance flashing through his eyes.

"What's with you?" I questioned. His eyes darted to the side and he stayed quiet. Okay, she really got to him. "Ashiya-" I started, taking a step forward. As if luck was against me, I ended up tripping over a mat. A yelp escaped Ashiya as we both fell to the floor. I felt my face slowly grow warm as we both say their. The color completely drained from Ashiya's face as he stared up at me. As if in some movie, when I fell on Ashiya, we wound up...well...kissing.

Neither of us moved for a moment before I was abruptly shoved off by Ashiya. He quickly scrambled to his feet and walked to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him. I sat there, staring forward. My lips felt cold from the lack of warmth against them. I slowly stood up and walked towards the bathroom. I placed a hand on the wood and stood there. For some reason, I wanted to go in there and kiss him again but what would he say? No, what would he do? I sighed and walked away from the door, walking over to my mat. I lied down and listened as the bathroom door slowly opened. Quiet foot steps walked over to where I was laying. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep, listening closely.

"Maybe...it wasn't that bad..." I heard Ashiya mumble before I felt a pair of lips against my cheek. I felt warmth rush to my face as he stood and went over to his own may.

It was going to be very hard to sleep now.