Rising Sun

The Cornfield Productions: Rising Sun
Author: Ashley Pitaluga
2-10-14 (typed) 4-30-15 (edited)
Science FIction Narrative

The sky was a bright blue hue with calm and large white clouds floating above, the sun shining so reassuringly down onto the happily thriving, ever-so massive field of corn. There was a large steel building with immense glass windows in the center of the field, a large 'CP' bubble-letter abbreviation up by the roof to label it. Gently in the breeze, the corn stalks swayed. Surprisingly, they thrived best here in the season you'd address as Fall or Autumn.. Stanger even, this place was in where you'd call Canada. You typically wouldn't see any fields of corn in Canada. Or even relatively close weather as in this short story, but that's exactly it. A story.

A young woman with bright blue eyes to match the sky and blonde hair that resembled the crop color scurried into the building, hurriedly slipping on a hooded cloak and cat mask. Another woman walked along with her; short and darker blonde hair, lifeless gray-blue eyes, wearing a snazzy tuxedo. Their postures were almost polar opposites, the first woman tall and straight whereas the second was slouched over with her arms bent similar to a tyrannosaurus rex.
"M-mother?" asked the second woman, her voice similar to a jester's. This gave her an infamous nickname of 'The Master of the Voice', since she could change pitch in an instant as if purposely making these voices.
"Don't call me what I am not. And do not stutter with your words, Sebastian," stated the cloaked woman as they walked down to a door labeled 'Edu.', her voice stern and strict.

"Yes, Overlord...," agreed Sebastian.
"Are you prepared for another 'Sight on Young'?"asked Overlord.

"Yes, of course, my Overlord. Alejandro is quite well at his job to them."

"Perfect, Sebastian. You'd done very well. I am pleased."

With a bow, Sebastian responded, "Many blessings among the rags, Overlord." This strange tongue they spoke was all developed off of childhood gimmicks with much deeper meaning behind them, as goofy as it seems. Eventually, said gimmicks developed into something more. A whole lot more.

The Overlord fumbled around until retrieving keys from beneath her cloak, opening the 'Edu.' door and entering with Sebastian.

The room was cluttered with desks; a wide-eyed child with a beeping neck collar at each. Up front was a projector screen, displaying horrid images of natural disasters and events. With a small flinch of one of the unblinking children and the collar would release sirens as a tall, tuxedo-wearing man escorts them to their 'punishment'.

"Hmmm... I admit. I am impressed. None missing from Shipment A," commented Overlord with a nod of approval.

"Yes, the children have done much better than Shipment Forty Dash Five," agreed the man.

"Ha, indeed. I set my assumptions maximum to this era," responded Overlord, sounding much like a robotic creature rather than human by her words.

"Maybe one will become Eurpho," joked Sebastian, causing all three of them to proceed into a light fit of laughter.

"Maybe-"

One of the collars screeched out its irritating sirens to alert the three of the twitching child it was clinging onto; the child's neck lightly bruised red from the tight grip.

"Code Foam?" asked Sebastian.

"Code Foam," confirmed 'Alejandro'-as it was written on his tidy, golden nametag.

He picked up the twitching child whose eyes were skittish and mouth foaming like a rabid beast in a modern home. Said child clung to Alejandro as Alejandro left with it, heading down the halls to the 'infirmary'.