1.earth

Rain was the only thing you could hear throughout the apartment along with my steady breathing. For the moonlight was my only source of light considering I forgot to pay the light bill. Everything just seemed to go downhill for me since I left my parents house to live on my own. I haven't seen them in a year in a half. Guilt rose in my stomach just at the thought.

A bright light flew across the sky and down the trees at an extremely rapid pace. It seemed to be a shooting star. I slowly closed my eyes and wished upon it-

"I wish for a better life or a savior. Someone to guide me," I whispered to myself. My black cat sat in my lap after a took my wish. Only an ounce of me felt like the wishing actually worked. Considering it's me I'm sure something negative will impact my life instead.

I just kept staring out the window until something very odd caught the eye. There was a man approaching the apartment from the trees naked. he was completely soaked and trying to cover himself with what looked like leaves from this distance.

"What the hell.." I mumbled to myself. I threw on a jacket and grabbed my umbrella, along with a towel as I left the apartment. This is so foolish he could just be a drunk who's lost. Finally coming in distance with the stranger I could see he had a big smile on his face as he span in circles. I don't know how I should exactly be feeling.

"Um, sir! Excuse me!" I shouted over the ran. He turned slowly looking me up and down with a weird look. All I wanted to do was not look at his um...area so I looked past his face and to the trees, " it's pouring are you okay? Do you want this towel to cover yourself?"

He didn't reply. Only took the towel from my hand and looked at it as he turned it in several different directions.

"Are these the type of fabrics you wear here?"

"No it's to- just wrap it around yourself so I don't see that. Do you want to come inside? Do you have anywhere to go?"

"I will accompany you for I have been caught in a rut and my vehicle is destroyed," he replied. I put the umbrella over both of our heads and made him follow me up to my apartment. I can't believe I was doing this, but he seemed confused and had no where to go. His car was messed up but I don't understand what that has to do with him being nude.

"We don't have that where I'm from. Water from the sky- amazing." I rose my brow but just shook off his amazement with the weather as I opened the door.

It took me some time to take in his appearance. His dirty blonde hair curled against his forehead and his slit chestnut brown  eyes looked at my home with such wonder. Some stubble was starting to even come in. I shook my head because I didn't want to seem like a creep for looking at him for so long.

"Do you have someone that you could call or somewhere you could stay for the night?" I asked.

"Sadly, I do not have anyone close by," he stated simply.

I feel bad he doesn't have any family or friends around him. Being alone is pure torture; I of all people know the feeling.

"Would it be alright if I slept here?"

"I don't know. It's a little odd to have a random stranger to be aroun-"

"I won't do any harm to you or upon your home. It would be an honor for me to stay with someone as cordial as you," he pleaded. It would be a tragedy to just leave him in the rain.

"I guess you can stay here, but only till the morning. I'll go see if I have anything that could possibly fit you."

All I could find was some boxers I used as pajamas and a big gray t shirt for him to sleep in. On my way to give him the clothes I heard him scream loudly and make a few bumping noises. I rushed in, only to see him on top of a chair and staring down at my cat. His eyes were bulging out of his head and was even shaking a little. Has he never seen a cat?