My Angel

Warning: this story is not for everyone. It's a romance/horror, so if you don't like twisted love stories, please don't read it.

Prologue

Aria gazed at the night sky. The stars shone brightly down at her, stars which wear usually hidden away under the clouds on any other night. They stretched across the black sky like the sparkling jewels her mother kept hidden away. She breathed in the seductive scent of the night, and closed her eyes, letting the darkness overtake her. The cold air brushed past her bare skin and she felt it through the thin white dress she was wearing...

The dress that he had given her...

She moved her foot, feeling the smooth cold surface of metal beneath her. Aria's eyes opened slowly and her once innocent blue eyes peered down. The water looked so far away yet so near at the same time. It would only take a second for the cold waters to consume her forever. At midnight, the water looked almost as black as her raven coloured hair.

Any second now that black pool would swallow her up.

She would finally escape this hell. What scared her most was that she wasn't even sure if she thought of her life as hell anymore. That's what she hated the most. The monster that stole everything from her from just the age of five, she couldn't help but love with all her heart. Aria was disgusted with herself for letting herself get sucked into his twisted world.

"Angel..."

Aria's eyes widened at the sound of the voice. Only one person called her 'angel.'

A tear fell from her eye. "Don't come any closer Colt." She didn't turn to face him and continued to stare down at the water. "I'll jump."

"Don't you fucking play games with me," he snapped in anger. "You're mine."

It wasn't the first time she'd heard those two words. She's been his 'property' since the first time she met him. He had been ten and she was five.

"Aria dear, come here, I want you to meet someone," a five year old Aria heard her mother yell. She immediately dropped her colouring pencils and ran out of the room to where her mother was standing. Aria was excited and nervous at the same time. She had always loved meeting new people, but she was also very shy.

Aria stopped behind her mother and poked her head out from behind her. There, standing in the doorway, was a pale skinned, black haired boy. The first thing she noticed about him was his unusual eyes. One was green and the other was a blue colour; similar to her own eyes. The second thing she noticed was the small but nasty cut he had across the side of his face.

There was something about this boy that scared Aria. His eyes were cold. He was staring at her intently, with a small smile. Only the smile wasn't friendly... it was something entirely different... almost sadistic. Aria immediately clutched onto her mother's sweater.

"Aria, I'd like you to meet your cousin Colt, he's going to be staying with us from now on." her mother said, pulling her out from behind. "Say hello then."

Aria played with her hair nervously and whispered a "hi."

She waited for him to reply but instead he continued to stare at her. He then took her by surprise when he stepped forward and kissed her gently on the cheek, causing Aria to blush furiously. She found it strange that he was so affectionate when they had only just met.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Angel."

Aria furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "My name's not Angel, its Aria, spelt A-R-I-A."

Colt reached forward and slowly stroked her cheek. "I think I'm going to stick with calling you Angel."

Aria wondered what her life would have been like if she had never met Colt. She couldn't begin to imagine how different everything would be. There was no point in thinking about what could have been, she thought, sighing quietly.

"I'm not your angel anymore Colt," she whispered, but loud enough for Colt to hear. "I can't take it anymore."

There was a long silence before he spoke. "You can't leave... I love you... you can't just go without my permission," he growled. "You know what happens when you break my rules, don't you angel?"

Another tear fell from her eye. "Yes I know exactly what happens... only I won't be around to receive your punishment this time." Hearing those words come out of her mouth, satisfied her greatly. "If you love me, you'll let me go."

"Shut up!" he yelled. "You're going to stay with me forever. I'm never letting you go angel."

She heard him start to move closer.

It was time.

She turned her head and looked at him for the first time that night. Then she said three final words.

"I love you."

Comments and votes would be great, this is my first story on here, just thought I'd try something out. If you hadn't already guessed, the story will progress by going through the events that lead up to this incident.

-Josh