NepKat: I'm Sorry (Sadstuck)

I loosely based this fanfic off of this video. [https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpRR9UZaaAg] I found it really inspiring and wanted to write something similar to it.

WARNING: This is rated 16+ for Strong/Infrequent Language, Death Mention, and Homicide. Read at your own risk!

"Ok, I got this. Today is the day I'm going to tell him my feelings." Nepeta stood in front of her mirror, psyching herself up for the big moment. Today was the day that Nepeta Leijon was going to tell Karkat Vantas that she is flushed for him.

"Ok! I'm ready!" Nepeta heads out of her hive to Karkat's. She knocks on the door, and waits for an answer.

"Who the hell's there!!!" Karkat's usual angry voice emanated from inside his hive.

"U-um, it's Nepeta!" She stood around, shouting her reply back to Karkat. Next thing she knew, the door opened.

"Great timing! I was actually just about to head over to your place!"

Nepeta tilted her head in curiousness, "Mew were? What furr Karkitty?" Karkat looked slightly annoyed at the mention of that nickname, but let it slide.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." Karkat scratched the back of his head, looking at the ground. A very out of character thing for him to do.

"Oh really?! I came ofurr to talk to mew too!" Nepeta was delighted that Karkat actually wanted to talk to her enough that he would consider leaving his hive to do it in person. "Well, mew should go furrst Karkitty!"

"You sure?" Nepeta nods. "Alright then... You see there's this one, troll, that I'm flushed for-"

"Oh! I came to talk to mew about someone I'm furrushed furr too!"

Karkat gave a soft smile and continued from where he was cut off. "She has short hair much like you, and is also about your height." Nepeta almost jumped for joy when she heard that.

"And she's really brave and strong too. She lives by herself, and goes out to hunt her own game and food, without any help! It's really amazing!" Nepeta really wanted to squeal right now, it was sounding just like her!

"And she also has this typing quirk that really gets on your nerves, and she roleplays all the time, but it's the way she is..." Nepeta decides to take a chance and speak up.

"Wow Karkitty, she sounds amazing!"

Karkat nods in agreement. "I know, isn't Terezi just great?" Nepeta's face and tail fell. She was shocked and looked to the ground. Karkat realised his mistake too late.

"Agh, Nepeta not that I mean you aren't just as great and- ah fuck!!" Nepeta was on the verge of tears and pulled off a sad small smile.

"No, Karkitty it's fine! Don't worry about it! So... You like Terezi huh? That's great! I'm sure you two would be happy together!" Nepeta's voice got really squeaky and shrill at the end of her sentences.

"Wait, since you also came here to talk about a possible red-rom person- Oh, Nepeta your flushed for me? Ah Nepeta I'm so s-"

"NO! It's fine, really! I'm sure you and Terezi will have a beautiful matespritship..." Nepeta's voice trailed off at the end and she let herself out of Karkat's hive. She walked a few miles away from his hive before she collapsed into a fit of shrill screaming.

"He likes Terezi... He likes Terezi! OH GOG HE LIKES TEREZI!!! So... He likes Terezi..." Nepeta calmed down and headed back to her hive, hoping to find Pounce awake so they can play together. Nepeta will eventually forget about this right? She'll move on... right?
~~~
It's been about a month in human time since then, and Nepeta's condition has gotten worse. Every time she leaves her hive, as if the gogs were cursing her, she sees a happy Karkat and Terezi walking side-by-side, holding hands. Nepeta couldn't take it anymore, she never left her hive. She stayed cooped up with her now ruined and destroyed shipping wall. Pounce was usually asleep do to exhaustion from catching food. Her think pan was really spiralling downwards...

One day, she had an idea. An idea, that would makes everyone happy. Or so she thought. She invited Karkat out to view the sunset with her, so they both had to get up early. Really early. Karkat had felt bad about the last time they had talked, and decided to get there first. Nepeta got all dressed up in her usual outfit and headed to the meeting place, a little "present" behind her back for Karkitty.

As Nepeta reached the meeting place, she could see Karkitty waiting on some rocks, a bit away from a cliff, for her.

"Hey Karkitty~!" Nepeta called out, lightly skipping towards Karkat with her hands behind her back. Karkat turned around and smiled at her. A rare occurrence, unless he was with Terezi.

"Hey Nepeta, thought you would never show." Karkat teased Nepeta, but she was too involved in her own mind to notice.

"Well, of course I would show Karkitty! I did invite you, after all~!" Nepeta had stopped her skipping and has almost directly behind Karkat.

"Hm? What're you holding behind your back?" Karkat had finally noticed the way Nepeta's hands were positioned.

"It's a purresent! For mew Karkitty! But you have to turn around and close your eyes! It's a surpurrise!" Karkat did as he was told. Nepeta smiled and she unsheathed what was behind her back. It was... nothing. Well, except for her right hand holding her blue claw weapons. She readied herself and struck!

"Gah!" Karkat coughed up his cherry red blood, slowly looking down at were the intense pain was coming from to find that Nepeta's cat claws had been stabbed right through his chest.

"N-nepeta why- AGH!!" Karkat couldn't finish his breath before Nepeta withdrew her claws from him. Karkat got one good look at Nepeta's face before all his systems shut down. She had this half crazy, half sad smile on her face and her eyes were slightly bloodshot and wide open. If that is possible with troll eyes.

"Maybe if you had chosen me over Terezi, this wouldn't have had to happen..." Nepeta began to walk away from the scene, when she heard a terrified shriek from her general left. Looking that way, she found a distressed Terezi, who was clearly freaking the fuck out.

"Nepeta!! What in the hell have you done!" Terezi was yelling loudly and stomping her way towards a candy red, bloodstained Nepeta. Nepeta turned towards her, and began to walk towards her.

"It's because of you... It's because of you tHAT KARKITTY DIDN'T FEEL FLUSHED FOR ME!! IF ONLY YOU HADN'T EXISTED!!!" Nepeta had very small tears escaping her eyes. She broke out into a sprint and caught up to Terezi in no time. Wasting no effort, Nepeta had stabbed Terezi through the same chest area as Karkat.

"If only... you hadn't... existed..." Nepeta whispered out as she withdrew her claws and a dead Terezi fell at her feet. Looking around, and her anger fading, Nepeta began to come back to her senses. She first looked at her teal and candy red stained clothes, then Karkat, then Terezi. She released the grip on her claws as they fell to the ground with a clatter.

Nepeta couldn't believe what she had just done. She killed Terezi and Karkat out of jealousy! Nepeta sank to her knees and slowly brought her shaky hands to her face. They were covered and stained with teal and candy red blood. Even more so than her clothes. As if all at once reality hit her, and the water gates opened. Tears were streaming down her face as she bawled loudly.

"I-I knew I sh-should've j-just been h-h-happy for you, b-but I couldn't get o-over my f-f-feelings!" Nepeta tripped over her words between sobs. As she slowly crumpled closer to the ground, curling into a ball.

"I'm sorry Karkitty... Terezi..."

Nepeta sniffed loudly and she heard the familiar footsteps of Equius running towards her.

"I'm sorry..."

<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: Well, what did you think? That was my first sadstuck story, so I'm not sure if I didn't add enough sad or too much drama or whatev, so critique would be nice. But positive! No one likes mean negative critique. If you had a heart wrencher at one point, why not tell me in the comments, or leave a vote? Thanks!