Every Scar Has A Story

There once was a girl, they all thought she was fine. Little do they know she has stories on her mind. And all stories have a twist. . .

All those times you thought she couldn't be bolder, inside she's insecure, the stories are present on her shoulders.

All those sleepless nights she lay thinking what if and why, those thoughts they got to her and they're carved into her thighs.

Remember those times you thought the smile was real on her lips? In reality she's broken and it shows on her hips.

The soul breaking thoughts in her mind she can't resist, well those stories are there, present on her wrists.

You may not know, but she struggles with self harm. You didn't know it was all a lie when she said the cat was to blame for the lines on her arms.

Now let me introduce you to Ana and Mia.

Ana and Mia they're best friends you know. They appear when a girl wants something to show.

Mia tells you to puke, Ana tells you to fast. And you listen because you want to be skinny unlike in the past.

"By the time you're done with the things I have planned, you'll make them regret they called you fat you just need a hand."

These are the words they repeat in your mind, they're trying to destroy you they do it all the time.

Ana, Mia, and Cat. they play with your emotions, they make you feel fat.

This girl is slowly killing herself, for she's friends with all three. She was once this innocent girl, this little girl is me.

And so boys and girls as I have showed you today, depression and disorders aren't something in which to play.

We all have been broken, some in more ways than one.

But with help from friends, support, and words of love, depression can be conquered. This battle can be won.

So the next time you're crying thinking your life is all wrong, remember I believe in you I know you can Be Strong.

Before you bring out the blade, skip a meal, or binge and purge; stop, breathe and think. Someone out there loves you. Refuse To Sink.

Just keep breathing.

(a.n)