Part ¹ : Pressure

Living in Meridian, Mississippi wasn't really working out for my mother and I. After everything in my family fell apart. My parents have divorced so my family is broken. I really wanted to perdue my dreams and be in a rock band, thought it'd be better to move to Franklin, Tennessee. I was excited to move there because most rock bands are from Tennessee. I was also nervous at the same time though because I had to go to a new school.
Already nervous for school I had to make sure everything looks good on me right now. There are people who just keep looking over and laughing. I don't even understand what they're doing. As the day went on they started talking about me and spreading rumors saying that I was a lesbian and that I love girls. Which was not true I don't understand any of this. All I can do is cry. When I finally got home I told my mom I couldn't go back. My mom put me in a private temporary school. It went way better because I met two people name Josh and Zac and they were brothers. While walking down the hall, I saw a poster about 'The Factory' which is a funk cover band. They were looking for a singer and I thought I'd try out. This tall guy whose really nice, introduced me and his name was Jeremy. He said that I can't audition because they didn't want a girl lead vocalist. I went to a football game that night and I met Taylor and his friends.
I got a call later that night and a manager Dave Stuenebrink wanted to sign me but I had already gotten a call from Jason Flom of Alantic Records. I didnt take any options the both offered me a solo artist deal but, the whole reason I moved to Franklin was to be in a band.
I decided to be in a local band, since josh and zac needed a vocalist, I auditioned and got it. I asked Jeremy to play bassist. We just wrote and got a call from someone and we got signed to Fueled By Ramen a huge label where bands already have been signed. After all writing for two straight years. It was like everything was wasted. Everything was falling apart. The band had a really rough time. We lost our bassist. Jeremy was homesick and needed to go home. We named the album All we know is falling which was released in 2005.
Everything was pretty overwhelming for me. I'm only 15 and since were scheduled for vans warped tour Im going to be youngest there. Its so much pressure.
We got our first interview the straight to the show. There was a huge storm during here we go again, I will never forget this experience because we still finished the show.