-first

Love is pain (사랑이란 아프고 아픈 것)

Jungkook realizes it has been a year now that he and Taehyung are apart. It wasn't a pleasant ending for the both of them, since Jungkook still has the feelings. Even now, Jungkook still thinks of Taehyung and their moments together. What ifs flooded Jungkook's mind; what if they hadn't broke up? What if Jungkook was understanding? What if Jungkook hadn't been so selfish? Ah, it was all his fault. It was all Jungkook's fault, Jungkook thinks.

Goodbyes are even more painful (이별이란 아프고 더 아픈 것 같애)

Taehyung thinks as he watches the father cry over his daughter. His work as a nurse makes him witness such forlorn occurrences. He stands by the door and watches in silence.

Last night, he overheard the two fight over something. He was about to take some vital signs for the patient and contemplated whether to come in or not, but it was his job so he had no choice but to come in. The father walked out of the room as soon as Taehyung came in. The daughter wiped her tears and faced Taehyung with a small smile, Taehyung smiled back and started working.

"Sorry to have you witness that." The daughter whispered.

Taehyung shook his head, "I've seen the worst."

The daughter nodded. Taehyung was almost done when the girl twinge in pain. Soon after, the daughter went into coma for the sudden relapse in such a short time. And few minutes ago, she left.

Goodbyes are even more painful, especially when someone isn't ready to let you go.

Taehyung walks out from the room and goes back to his station. The others will take care of it since he'll be taking his break now. He decides to visit the cafeteria and check if it's worth eating in or he'll just go outside.

Taehyung steps inside the elevator and as it closes suspiciously in slow motion, a guy comes running towards the closing doors. Taehyung watches in anticipation while the guy manages to slip his hand and the doors open again letting him in. Taehyung steps back to make space despite the size of the whole area.

Both are silent, Taehyung can't see the guy's face as the elevator's walls are blurry like that of a fake mirror for kids plaything.

The elevator dings signaling their arrival at the 2nd floor, Taehyung waits for the guy to step out but the guy makes no move so Taehyung thinks it isn't his floor. He mumbles an excuse before going out ahead of him. The cafeteria's smell is not appetizing and the stairs is just insight while the elevator's on its way up. Taehyung goes for the stairs.

Jungkook's friend Jimin is hospitalized and it is his turn to visit today. Although he only have to bring some food for Jimin to eat, Jungkook finds it bothersome. Hospitals aren't his best place to go with. Upon reaching and walks in to a sleeping Jimin, he puts down the food he brought and sits down to take a rest when his stomach growled. He sighs and stands up leaving a text to Jimin before walking out to eat somewhere not inside this place.

As he was nearing the elevator, a nurse walks in and the doors almost close so Jungkook makes a dash towards it. He manages to slip his hand to stop the doors from closing and thankfully he made it.

The whole ride is silent and Jungkook is just too hungry to even bother turning to see who he is with. There are stories about dead passengers in the elevator but Jungkook worries his growling stomach than the possible dead passenger he is with. When they reach 2nd floor where the cafeteria is, nobody makes a move. It isn't Jungkook's stop and the nurse might have realized it so he steps out first. Jungkook watches in amusement, what could have make the nurse think they're on the same stop? He wonders as he finally reached the ground floor and walks out inhaling a generous amount of fresh outside-the-hospital air.