How LizQuen Started

When Enrique Gil Met Liza soberano,he was already one of the hottest young stars of his generation.she was just a new comer.theirs seemed an unlikely pairing-he is,after all,six years older than her.She was only 15 and he was already 21,when they shared their first scene together.but the age difference didn't really matter because they fit so perfectly together.
This is the genesis story of LizQuen.

MUST BE...LOVE (AT FIRST SIGHT)

Depending on who you ask,liza and enrique would give different versions of their first meeting.According to Liza,it was during the 2012 ABS-CBN Christmas special.Enrique Tells it differently-he says it was in 2013 when their handler, ana esguerra,first introduced them to each other.

Their First Onscreen meeting though would be in Must be...love.the film's director,dado lumibao,felt liza had shown depth in her portrayal of angel, Kathryn Bernardo's Cousin and Daniel Padilla's eventual girlfriend in the movie.the producers believed angel's character deserved her own happy ending as well.they went to Star Cinema Managing Director Malou Santos With yhe idea of angel meeting her true love moments after she breaks up with daniel's character.the star cinema boss approved the idea.when asked who will do this special cameo,the producers excitedly put forward Enrique's Name.

Direk Dado planned to make the shooting of the scene more interesting.the scene was set up so liza would exit the auditorium,bump into a mystery guy, and both of them feel a romantic spark in the moment.he got the staff to pretend that one of the utility men will play the mystery guy. they went so far as to put him in a suit and run lines with liza.

As The Actual take got closer, liza became more anxious-she didn't know how to act in love with someone who was old enough to be her uncle.but she was game for anything.little did she know,enrique had quietly entered the set and was already standing on his mark.Direk Dado yelled "Action!" And liza burst out of the door. her reaction to seeing enrique in the scene was unexpected. an overwhelmed Liza Cried and ran away,which Enrique had found adorable.

The Scene became the hidden gem of the movie.Must Be...Love premiered on March 13,2013;it's also the day LizQuen was born and the day that all LizQuen fans celebrate as the Official LizQuen Day.

SHE'S THE ONE
Soon,plans were made for the two young stars to do a TV show together.However,these plans would not pan out. Enrique would eventually star with julia montes and enchong dee in Muling Buksan ang Puso (MBAP). Liza Was slated to play kontrabida to julia barretto in Mirabella.

But Star Cinema would find a way to bring enrique and liza back together through the Bea Alonzo-Ding Dong Dantes Starrer She's The One (STO), which premiered on October 16,2013. However,Enrique was still taping MBAP,he was unsure if he could fit the film in his schedule. but reliable sources say that when Enrique (who was pegged to play the role of bea's suitor, David) was told that Liza Was going to be cast as Gillian (David's Best Friend who harbors unrequited feelings for him),Enrique Had Wished to do a project with liza after their brief encounter in MBL.

Both enrique and liza shone in their roles. Quen elicited kilig with and from bea. Enrique came off as a believable leading man for the critically-acclaimed actress. By the end of the movie, audiences were rooting for #TeamDavid. But there were also fans who wete cheering on gillian when david reconnected with her in the end. Liza, on the other hand, broke free from being typecast as just anothet pretty leading lady.

The potential of LizQuen,only hinted at in MBL, was now being felt by many in She's The One. The producers saw that the kilig between the two actors was so potent that they had to edit out certain scenes to focus the kilig on the Bea-Quen Romance.