Chapter one.

My name is Desiree Anne Curtis, but you can call me Des or Desi.
Yes, I know what you're thinking, I am Ponyboy Curtis's little sister. Well I'm only 5 minutes younger. We're twins.
Well, that's enough about me. Let's get to the real reason your here. The story that I'm about to tell you :
--------------------------------------

"DESI Ponyboy called from across the house. "TIME TO GO!"

"OKAY, OKAY JUST GIVE ME TWO SECONDS! IM FIXING MY HAIR!"
I'm wearing a light blue crop top with a pair of high -waisted jean shorts and my gray converse. My long, brown, curly hair is pulled back in a bandana.

Ponyboy, Johnny Cade, Two-Bit, and I are all going to the drive-in to see some new beach movie or something. I'm not too thrilled about the movie, but I enjoy spending time with the guys.

I'm not very girly so I don't get along with the girls at my school very well. My only friends are the gang : Two-bit Mathews, Steve Randle, Johnny Cade, Dallas Winston, and of course my brothers, Soda, Darry, and Ponyboy.
I was snapped out of my thoughts when my bedroom door opened and Johnny Cade came in to get me. "Hey, is something wrong? We've been waiting for you for 10 minutes." He said in his sweet voice. He sure is cute. "Des!" He said kinda loud, one again, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh yeah, Sorry. I was just thinking." I said quietly.
"What about? It must've been something pretty important if even I couldn't snap you out of it easily."

He's right, it was important. I was thinking about him. Johnny is the most important thing to me. He's my bestfriend and the only one who truly understands me. We get along better than two peas in a pod.
"Yeah, it was." I said going back into my thoughts.

You see, I like to think. Just like Ponyboy likes to read, I can make up an entire story in my imagination and not even realize I'm doing it. It's just like reading for me, except it's more fun.

The car ride was pretty much silent, except for the occasional one or two words spoken by Two-Bit who can't stay quiet for more than 2 minutes.
When we got to the drive-in Johnny and I immediately went to buy cokes and popcorn for everyone.

"So who's the lucky guy that you've been fantasizing over?" Johnny asked curiously. Causing me to blush. "What? I haven't been fantasizing over anyone." I said trying to pretend like I haven't been, which is kinda hard because I'm a terrible liar.

"Desi, I know when you're lying." Johnny looked at me suspiciously. "You've known me since you were six, I think you can trust me knowing who you're crushing on." He said kinda hurt. "I'll tell you who it is when I'm ready to tell you, okay, Johnny?" I replied getting a little bit angry with him, not making eye contact and getting everyone's popcorn while he got the cokes.
"Fine" he said looking down, clearly not happy about my reaction to his question.

"Let's just go back before they think we ran off to get married." I said trying to lift the mood.
"K" was the only reaction I got. Which was what I expected.

I feel really bad, Johnny is a very sensitive guy. He wouldn't even hurt a fly and I just hurt him. He looks like a sad puppy and it hurts.

I sat down next to Ponyboy and watched the movie in silence.
"Well you two sure are quiet. What happened? Y'all usually get on better than two peas in a pod." Two-But said breaking the silence. I just glared at him, not saying anything.

"She doesn't trust me enough to tell me who she has a crush on. I thought we were closer than that, but I guess not." Johnny told Two-Bit not taking his eyes off of the movie

"Well buddy, that's just because she likes you. Haven't you noticed?" Pony told Johnny.

"I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON JOHNNY!" I snapped.

"See, Johnnycake? Right there is proof." Two-Bit laughed and I just stormed off. Johnny followed.
I was walking to the park to cool off and think when I notice some socs following me. They were clearly drunk. "Oh great"
I thought. "I hurt my bestfriend and I'm gonna get jumped all in one night. Yay."
I heard people shouting things at me. "Hey baby." They began walking up to me. I backed into a wall. "Oh great. Goodbye oh wonderful life." I thought, but then I saw Johnny. "JOHNNY! HELP ME PLEASE!" I screamed multiple times.
He saw and began to run to me . He was hesitant though, but I don't blame him. He was jumped by some socs a few months ago and they nearly killed him.
One noticed that Johnny was coming to help and he pulled out a blade, put it to my throat and told him that if he came any closer he would kill me. All I could do was cry.
My life is going to end and there's nothing I can do about it.
Well that's what I thought, until I saw something I didn't expect at all. Johnny waited until none of the socs were watching him and he did something no one would ever expect him to do, and when I say no one. I mean no one. Not even Dallas Winston would expect this from Johnny Cade, the most harmless human on earth.

--------------------------------------------
A/N
This is my first fanfic so please let me know how I'm doing. (:

I'll try to update a few times a week and keep the story going for as long as possible. ❤️

~ nichole <3