Chapter One

It all started on a Saturday of March.

A strange occurrence took place around the World. A group of kids were all mysteriously born by women who had shown no signs of being pregnant before this moment. 16 kids had been born and all were believed to posses powers greater than any human. 

As many of them were sought out by a foundation to be tested on, an intelligent Mastermind by the name of Professor Thalion, had calculated the time this occurrence was going to take place and set off to also find as many as he could before they were all taken away.

While a testing foundation had collected three of the helpless children, another eight were collected by the Professor. Though sadly five were brutally murdered at the scene of the birth through fright of what the harnessed powers would do to the mother. 

Everyone had believed then that Thalion was crazy, as they already didn't believe that before. As he adopted these eight children as his own, and when everyone asked why he had done this he had only replied, 

"To save the World."

*Ten years later*

I am the one they call 'Number five'. Or as my 'mother' would like to call me, Frank. I was one of the sixteen 'amazing' children that were born that Saturday of March. I was 'saved' but I honestly think being brutally murdered or being tested at a facility was anything better than being... here. I hated  being here; I was abnormal. I was the one you could pick out from the others.  I was one of the two of us who hadn't found out their power that we could harness yet. me and Number Seven were still waiting for them to appear through our bodies so we could help 'save the world' as my father likes to put it. 

"Numbers!" I heard the dreadful sound of my adopted fathers voice and I walked as slow as I could to our 'family' dinner.

Dragging my feet with me I arrived into the dining room and took my assigned seat. The plush seat had a golden '5' plastered onto the back of it that was ever so slowly wearing away with the incessant sitting I do at this table. I honestly found it really aggravating that I was defined as a number and not as an actual person which I hoped to be in the near future. Oh wait, my father could never let that happen. I took my seat and groaned as I awaited my dinner to be served to me.

"What's got you so grumpy?" I hear the piped up voice of my sister, or as my father would correct me, Number Three. I sighed, "Nothing Hayley, I'm always like this." I replied, before I heard my dad's stern voice, "Five, we do not use names at the table," I told you he would correct me. I only sighed again before we all started to eat our dinner in absolute silence. Typical super family household with nothing to talk about and nothing to do except pick up our forks and eat our happy meal that our mother has prepared for us this fine evening. 

"Where's Number Seven?" My mother asked noticing the empty slot in our not so humble family table. "He's right here," We heard a voice echo from the hallway as he appeared with the biggest smile on his face. "Dad you were right! I found my power!" He piped up, running towards him holding the pocket watch of his toward him. I had to hold back the screams in the back of my throat. I'm the only one left who hasn't got the smallest idea of what my power could possibly be. 

His face glowed with the brightest smile as he proudly stood in front of our father and awaited a praise from him.

"I told you that watch would come to use one day," He nonchalantly replied, as if he knew his power already, which is probably true he probably knows mine; if I even have one. He's just waiting for it to show. Or maybe it's already shown and none of us are aware of it but him, and I'll just have to wait for the moment that he would be willing to tell me this 'power.'