Chapter 1: Pilot

(This is my first time writing a werewolf story, I want to see the feedback I get from this chapter and if its good I will continue if its not...then we shall see. The plot is not yet really decided I am working on it as I go...there will be mistakes)

I never wanted a mate. I still don't. I had heard stories since I was a pup about the males being possessive over their mates, sometimes punishing them in terrible ways. My older cousin, Kendall, was chosen by another pack's Beta a year ago, the next time we saw her she had a giant bruise on her neck from where she was marked. She had looked scared, like if she did anything wrong she would be punished. I haven't seen or heard from her in 6 months.

Today was the Mate Gathering at the pack house, it happened once a year. It was a big ball that all eligible wolves had to attend ranging from the ages of 15-20 for girls and 17-25 for boys. This was my first year in attending it.

My name is Carter Bishop, Im from the Magia Segreto pack. As you already found out I am 15, and a werewolf. I think mates are a load of bull shit, you shouldn't be forced to love a guy just because they choose you. My dad is an Omega, meaning that he is the lowest ranking in the pack, everyone feels sorry for me saying I deserve a better ranked father. The Rank isn't the problem. Its him. He always comes back late, drunk sometimes if I'm lucky he will ignore me, if I wasn't he would spend the rest of the night insulting me-yelling at me. Luckily he was too much of a coward to actually hurt me, he knew if he touched me I could easily snap his neck. He always blamed me for my mom leaving,

Snapping out of my thoughts I had realized my dad had stopped the car, just outside of the pack house. Young adults were going in and out, some were kissing and other unspeakable . things on the front lawn. There were bright lights coming from the open doorway. I shuddered, just thinking about how I might be chosen and taken away by some cruel male. My dad glared at me. "Get out" He said firmly. Reluctantly I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door, walking around the side of the car to my dad's opened window.

"listen here, you don't come home tonight" He said, his voice gruff and firm. I scowled at him, I knew he wanted me gone. Why wouldn't he? Without me around he had not responsibilities, not like he actually had cared about the ones he had before. Before I turn to go inside, I slammed my foot into his right headlight, shattering it and making the light go out. I then turned around and entered the building, ignoring his yelling and curses.

***

I felt awkward. I was literally in the corner of a big ball room, hugging myself. Everyone was wearing tuxedos or fancy ball gowns. I was wearing a gray cotton t-shirt dress with tan ballet flats. It was me trying not to be noticed, but I was defiantly standing out. People cast me strange looks, I just glared back at them. I probably should add I have no friends in my pack or any pack for that matter. In School I just read in the back of the classroom or sat alone at lunch. It never bothered me, but it did make me socially awkward. A bell ran throughout the room, signalling the start of the choosing. The room went dark, the only light was a projector flashing images across one of the blank white walls.

It showed all the girls attending, their names, ages, ranks, strengths, and weaknesses. I watched as other girls came up, all beautiful but fake looking. I heard guys howl at when the ones they wanted came up. Then my image showed up. It was an old picture, from almost a year ago. It was from picture day, I was in my school uniform. My reddish brown hair twisted into a messy bun, as it was now, my eyes somewhat glowing. As a wolf I had golden eyes, as a human I had not defined eye color. It was weird, like a rainbow of sorts. Only high ranking wolves had golden or silver eyes in both wolf and human form.

Carter Bishop

15

Omega

Strength 11

Weakness: 3

I was surprised, the strength and weakness rating was out of 12, so far I had scored the highest. To my suprise, multiple howls could be heard throughout the room. I cowered against the wall, wanting to disperse into dust and float away. After a few more girls were showed the lights came back on, a few guys looked at me for a while. Their eyes grazing over me like I was a meal, my glaring at them didn't help at all. Eventually most of them left me alone, except one persistent guy. You wouldn't have guessed he was looking at me, he wore a black hoodie, slacks, and big black glasses that sent off a glare in the light so you couldn't see where he was looking. He should have known with wolf senses I could tell he was looking at me, it was like someone constantly poking me with a hot stick, annoying and painful.

Eventually I began to walk away hoping to escape from the guys stares, when someone grabbed my wrist; It was the same guy. I growled at him "Let go of me" I stated, struggling in his grasp. Now closer up I could make out his facial details. His hair was pure blond, making his golden eyes glow more than they already seemed to. He was cute in a creepy, awkward sense. He stared into my eyes. He then spoke in a soft hushed tone.

"Get ready to run"

[You like? leave comments and vote if you want...I won't force you lol. Tell me what you like and don't like and what you want to see in the next chapter]

Kawaii Sparkles for all!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧