Prologue

"NOOOOO! NOOOOO!" Her ear piercing screams echo not only in The Room but throughout the entire building. I start hammering my fists against the door "Please, please I beg of you, let me take her place". I could hear My Guard stationed in front of my cell door shifting. I know he can hear me. "Please, please!" My voice is strangled so my words no longer make sense. I slowly fall to my knees, like in a movie, feeling absolutely useless. One more time I bang against the door, my raging shouts now mingling with hers. Again I can hear My Guard shift. I feel a glimpse of hope when I hear him walking towards my door. Maybe, maybe once they will listen. He opens the hatch in my door. A pair of black eyes stare back at me. I scramble backwards, the evilness engulfing me. The light reflection in his eyes is missing.

"Shut up or I will have to put you out." His deep voice booms around the room. I look at him and give it one more try.

"Please," I whisper, "She's my mother." He slams the hatch shut. There's nothing left but silence. Silence filling the room, but unable to defeat the noise caused by my mother's screams. Mom.

Suddenly, I hear heavy footsteps. I can identify that more than one person is walking by. No not walking by, they stop in front of my door. It sluggishly opens revealing 2 guards, one tall and thin and one small and fat, as they enter. How comical, but the smile fades from my face when I see the knife they're pointing at my heart and the injection they're holding. My Guard also joins the party, I guess the more the merrier.

"I told you to shut up." I jump up, sick of being forced to do what they want, sick of imagining my mother being ripped to pieces. The 2 guards try not to look scared, but I know that the anger, displayed in my eyes, has them running for their lives.

"Wimps". My Guard takes out his taser and struts towards me. Nothing shows me that he is scared. But I am a trained fighter and I will escape. An evil grin spreads across his face. Turns out I am too ambitious, the energy has drained from me ever since the experimenting began. I move my body forward in line with my left arm attempting to punch him straight in his stupid face. He's too quick and suspects what I am going to do. I blink once and he already has both my arms behind my back. I try to kick him, but he easily lifts me off the floor. I have to use all my strength to keep myself up and prevent any joints in my arms from detaching.

"Sleep tight, sweetheart." I feel a stinging pain in my neck as he pushes the needle into one of my veins. The last thing I see is his strong arms wrapped around me as he, surprisingly enough, puts me down gently in my bed. Then there is just nothing.