Debate talk and meeting

"Bye mommy! I'll tell you how the
debate went at school! It'll be just like daddy's trials! Also be careful, we don't wanna bump your belly!" I told mom as I gently hugged her goodbye. My mom's name is Maya. Formerly known as Maya Fey, she's now 30 and my dad is 36. Oh! I forgot to say. Where are my manners. My name is Trucy Wright. As you can probably already gather, my mom is pregnant and is about 8 and a 1/2 months along, almost time for me to meet my little bro! Haha, I mean brother. So I'm now 18. Time flies huh? Now I'm going to have a little brother then I'm heading off to law school to become a defense attorney just like my daddy! I haven't told him I've been accepted to the most prestigious and well THE BEST law school in the country yet. It's going to be a surprise. I figure I'll tell him after I win the trial- oops I mean debate.
"I'll be careful Hun- I love you" she say kindly and lovingly, she's a great mom. She then looks over my shoulder and I look too. It's my daddy- I step aside so he can say goodbye to mama and I start on dinner, well planning it anyway. I looked out the large window right in front of the stove and waved to my mom as she drove off. I sighed and contemplated many things... That's when it hit me! My father was
friends with the famous prosecutor Miles Edgeworth, and he lived close by too!
"Hey daddy?" I asked loudly so he could hear me from his at home office.
"Yes Trucy?" He replied.
"Do you think we could invite mister Edgeworth over for dinner tonight? We have a colossal debate at school tomorrow and I'd like to ask him some questions, to both you and him. I know he's a friend of yours so I thought he might be able to come over," I said in a normal voice as my dad came into the kitchen and sat down at the granite island.
"I think that's a great idea, I haven't seen him in a while too so it'd be nice to see him- let me just call and see if he is available," he told me as he went to his office phone.
While daddy went to call Edgeworth I started in the cooking. I was going to make French Onion soup, with homemade lemonade that has a bit of strawberry and is bubbly. Also a Mac-n-cheese casserole. For desert it's going to be homemade chocolate frosting on top of pound cake cupcakes.
¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥•••¥
In about 3 hours everything was done.
Daddy also said that Edgeworth was coming over. While I was setting the table in the dining room daddy was letting the guest in. So once I had the food in order on the dining table in a fully white dining room with bordered with windows so it looked like you were outside. I stood back from the table to look at my masterpiece and and felt incredibly proud of myself. That's when I looked at one of the two entrances- and just like the entrances, there wasn't one, but two. Guests.