Who I Am Hates Who I've Been

It's funny how you've known a person for so long and never even realize that he was cracking on the inside ever so slowy until one day he just bursts without warning. I mean that's what happened with Jervis, a prime example of such a thing. Maybe there are others out there who are going through what he is, maybe not wonderland but in any case, just done with reality. I've known Jervis since grade school and I'm possibly the only good friend he has, sad, I know, but none of that should be on him to blame. He was just an eccentric child that no one understanded, didn't even bother to understand, which turned him to the misunderstood. Yes, Jervis wouldn't be considered the most handsome, what with his over bite that (in anyone else's opinion) he was cursed with, his short stature, and his love of Wonderland. I guess people get tired of not knowing what he's talking about, or know what he's talking about and are sick of the refrences. I just hope that when people see the news about Jervis or the Mad Hatter, that they take the time to realize that he wasn't born crazy, he wasn't born wanting to cause harm, but that it was the sane ones who had pushed him to his breaking point. So if you think about it, the sane people are crazy and Jervis is just a victim. If anyone were to know my thought process they would think of three things:

1.) I, myself am crazy, which is why I am friends with Jervis.

2.) I'm only finding ways to get the blame off him in order to protect him.

And

3.) I'm probably just looking for attention which I don't know how or why, though this is the most popular choice with whatever I do.

I'm dealing on how to live life without Jervis, since he's in Arkham. Unfortunately I too have not many friends because of Jervis. I hate the way that sounds but it's somewhat true. Even if I did have other friends, I'd still be in this depressing state that I am. Jervis is locked up for about two more months. He was sentenced to stay for five years, three more due to not fulfilling his previous sentence, but because of good behavior, cooperation with the GCPD, and the fact that they're thinking he's coming back to being sane, he only had to serve three years. We write letters to each other instead of me visiting him, how he said that he didn't want me to see him there, to remember how he was...

Dear Y/N,

Hopefully you're having a frabjuos day and hopefully, you reading this letter won't bring you down. I'm fine if you're wondering. Lucky for me my other friends are in here too, Edward and Jonathan.

Edward, or The Riddler as you might know him, is a bit of a whiner.(:D) He's always going on about him being sane and how everyone else are "low level, dimwitted, hairless monkeys" I sometimes confuse him for Dormouse and Jonathan for March Hare.

Jonathan is a bit...distant and cruel sometimes, but I believe it's Scarecrow who's doing that. He likes to read! But not much of Lewis Carroll...

They said that they're planning to escape like the last time I was here but I noticed something. Wonderland is not real. And that I'm probably sick. I've hurt people and because of that I'm stuck here for god knows how long (I didn't really pay attenion at my sentencing hearing, probably awhile). If I continue my ways, then there is a chance that my freedom will be eaten by a jaberwocky, so I decided to actually finish my sentence in order to come back home and hopefully, if you don't feel as if you need to stay away from me, you can help me to recovery.

I don't want to be stuck here forever and never be able to see you, my beautiful friend. If you're suffering from my absence (which I think there is no point to feel anything for me) then I wish to heal you when I return.

With love and regret,

Jervis

P.S. Do not try to visit me in Arkham. That is my only wish that I want you to fullfill. It might be hard but we'll get through this.