Broken China

And then came the time that you simply would not return her calls anymore.

She kept calling and texting you, asking you where you are and whether or not you would wish to fix it. Fix what, exactly, she does not know. But she’s willing to try hard. She’s willing to work out the broken pieces of your relationship and make it work again. She can be strong when she’s with you. But you are nowhere to be found.

It’s not like she didn’t see it coming.

You have been dropping hints here and there for last several months you were together. You hold her hand in the way you could easily let go. You kiss her mouth like sipping beer from a cheap plastic cup. You look at her like you don’t see her at all. You don’t even say you love her anymore.

And now she’s broken.

She hasn’t slept for days. There are big ugly bags under her eyes to testify to that. She spent her hours stuck in her room, staring at her phone, praying hard that you call her and tell her everything is okay. Then when she realizes you will never call, she cries and cries. She could not remember the last time she smiled.

But she will get over this.

One of these days she would wake up and think that she’s had enough. She would stand up and wipe her eyes and go out to start anew. She would heal her wounds, little by little, until one would not be able to tell she was wounded in the first place.

Maybe someday you will realize where you went wrong. Maybe someday you will see her and know how much you have lost. Maybe someday you will ask to have her back again. But she will promptly say no.

Someday she won’t love you, too. It will break your heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This here is just a short prose I felt like writing because I'm feeling pretty shitty lately. Tell me what you think?