Crash Landing

Peridot grumbled, her head was sore from hitting it multiple times against a wall. Peridot's ship had crashed somewhere near Beach city, she decided to walk down there and look for a way she could transport herself back to Homeworld without  disturbing the crystal gems. 

After a few minutes of walking, she came to the beach, Peridot was careful to stay away from the temple, she didn't want any trouble this time. The green gem looked into the water, something green was rising to the surface, Peridot squinted, she could just make out the shape of the fusion between Lapis and Jasper, Peridot's eyes widened as the fusion began to glow, Malachite burst out of the water, took one glance at peridot and split up, Jasper quickly got up and looked around, Lapis was laying on the floor, catching her breath. Jasper saw Peridot, she looked slightly relieved that her comrade was so near to her, Jasper turned to face her. 

"Perdiot! We need to get rid of Lapis Lazuli this instant- We should fuse! It'll get rid of her easily!" Jasper shouted.

Peridot didn't know what to do, she had always been close to Lapis, but she knew Jasper was extremely powerful and if she didn't fuse she could just report her to Yellow diamond. Was it worth loosing someone she had spent so much time with just to go back to Homeworld? 

"Jasper.." Peridot looked at Lapis, then to Jasper. "Why should I fuse with you?? You were meant to escort me to the Kindergarten to check on the clusters, but no! You get sidetracked with The Steven! You've never helped me, so why should I help you?!" Peridot pulled a green scythe out of her gem, she charged at Jasper, who was still shocked by Peridot's sudden change of attitude, she slashed at Jasper with the sharp blade of the scythe and Jasper's form vanished in a puff of smoke, Peridot turned to lapis and grabbed her hand.

"What are you doing?!" Lapis shouted

"Getting away from her." Peridot replied, calmly.  Peridot dragged Lapis to the place where her escape pod crashed.

"Why did you feel the need to rescue me? You didn't help me when I was in the cell.." Lapis looked down and folded her arms

"I just felt the need to." Peridot said sternly "Jasper's never helped me, but you have. I guess I wanted to repay you."

Before Lapis could reply, they heard a voice- 

"Look! There's peridot, I knew she'd be here somewhere!" Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst burst into the clearing where Peridot and Lapis stood, the crystal gems summoned their weapons

"You! Let Lapis go!" shouted Amethyst "She already was trapped by Jasper, now you're back trying to kill her!"

Peridot help onto Lapis' arm, she was scared, but didn't look it, Lapis looked at Peridot, her eyes widened, how would they explain this?