Chapter 1

Elsa's POV

I flew as quickly as I could in the dark night. Nothing bothered me, and I managed to fly to the front door of an abandoned mansion without drawing any attention. As soon as I reached the porch, I transformed into my human form.

Did I mention that I'm a vampire?

Now when I say vampire, I'm pretty sure that what just popped into your mind was some tall pale guy with greasy hair who turns into a bat, drinks blood, sleeps in coffins, and will be killed by garlic, sunlight, and a wooden stake through the heart. That's not how it actually works. Us vampires can transform at will. We don't actually need to drink blood, we just need the iron that's in blood. We don't have to sleep in coffins, but it is comfortable. If we eat or smell garlic, we have something similar to an allergic reaction. Sunlight does burn, and it could kill us if we aren't careful. But we don't turn to dust instantly. And wouldn't a wooden stake through the heart kill anyone?

Two other bats fluttered to the porch, and I stepped aside as they transformed into humans. One of them was my sister Anna. The other one was a girl named Rapunzel.

Together, the three of us walked into the mansion. Inside it was dark. We walked down a hall and into a living room. A fire was blazing there, and there were two other people in the room.

"Good evening Kristoff. Eugene," I said. The two people looked up. They were both guys, and very good friends of mine. They were also vampires.

"Hey girls! Glad to see you made it ok," Eugene said.

"Did Mother tell you what she wanted?" Rapunzel asked. Both Eugene and Kristoff shook their heads. Mother Gothel wasn't our actual mom. She was just our vampire leader. She was ancient, much older than the rest of us. Much older.

The door opened, and at that moment Mother Gothel walked into the room. She smiled at us all, revealing her pointed teeth. Mother tried to treat us all the same (I think), but I was pretty sure her favorite was Rapunzel.

"I have summoned you all because I have a mission for you. A pack of those filthy werewolves has infested our town. And we aren't going to let them do that, are we? I've heard that they are disguised as normal teenagers. Your jobs are to track them down and kill them," Mother said. We all nodded.

"Of course Mother," We all said in unison.

Jack's POV

I crept through the forest to a system of caves. As soon as I was inside, I glanced around to make sure no one else was around. You can never be too careful, considering I was a werewolf and all.

People have no idea what it really is like to be a werewolf. We don't transform people into werewolves with a bite. That's a different species of monster called a wolfwere. I know, they're very easy to confuse. The difference is that a wolfwere can't control when it changes into its wolf form. Us werewolves can.

Unfortunately, both werewolves and wolfweres go into a frenzy under the full moon. The werewolves call it Primal Instinct. For a wolfwere, it's just a blood frenzy. In werewolves, our wolf side takes over, and we go on a rampage around town, looking for our mate. Everyone who isn't our mate we kill, and when we finally find our mate the Primal Instinct goes away. Unless our mate is in danger. At that point, Primal Instinct kicks in again. It's less aggressive in girls than in boys. All that stuff about us hating silver isn't actually true. Besides, you hardly ever find real silver any more. And wouldn't a silver bullet kill anyone?

I walked into the main cavern, where three other people were waiting. One of them had bushy red hair, a different one was a guy with brown hair, and the third one was a tall man with spiky black hair.

"Sorry I'll late," I said.

"I was starting to worry," Hiccup said. Next to him was Merida, his mate. She was the one with the red hair.

"I'm afraid I have some dreadful news," Pitch Black, the pack alpha, said. "The vampires are planning on taking over the town and transforming all of the mortals. We must protect them and kill the vampires. Be warned, the vampires will probably try to kill us. But we can't let them hurt the mortals. We will need to go into the town's Highschool and find out which teenagers are vampires."

"We'll stop them," Hiccup promised. Merida and I both nodded. Those vampires were going down.