Butterfly Bullets

Cody ran out of the firehouse, not wanting to talk to his family anymore. After all that he has done, they still neglected him. They didn't appreciate him. Cody could hear Dani call for him, but he ignored her. He hoped on his bike and rode as fast as he could out of there. He didn't care where he was going, as long as it wasn't there.

He went as fast as he could on his bike until his legs gave out. Realizing that he was in front of the Cyber Cafe, he stopped to catch his breath. *Cody froze when he felt the ground tremble beneath him. Turning around, he saw a crack in the street growing wider and heading straight for him. Cody pedaled as fast as he could away for the chasm that was forming. A slab of concrete shot up in front of Cody's path. Not having enough time to pull his brakes, Cody was launched into the air and landed in a very ungraceful manner. Cody's bike was spiraling out of control, his ankles were sore and his brakes snapped. He spun onto the street, right in the way of cars that were moving rather quickly. Cody clenched his teeth and braced himself for impact,when he saw a car hurtling towards him.

The car hit Cody rather harshly, as he flew off his bike and landed on his side. His eyes clenched shut, trying to withstand the pain. He heard tires screech to a halt, and the occupants of the car that hit him rushed to his side asking if was okay. If this was a ordinary accident, Cody would have nervously laughed saying that he was just fine. This wasn't a ordinary accident, he wasn't okay physically or mentally. Cody wished he didn't have a argument with his family that morning. He slowly blacked out as he layed on the cold, unforgiving concrete.

*Cody woke up in a cold sweat as lightening crackled outside. 'It was just a dream, it was just a dream, it didn't happen...' Cody repeated to himself for who knows how long. He didn't tell his family about the recurring nightmares he had about him getting into terrible accidents. They would worry to much, especially if he said that every nightmare started with him having a argument with his brothers and sister.

He realized that he had been crying and quickly got up to go to the bathroom. When he reached the bathroom, he looked at himself in the mirror. His emotions was perfectly expressed on his face. His tear-stained face had the expression of guilt and fear. Cody splashed cold water against his face, washing away any signs of tears. *He calmly went downstairs to check the time. It read 2:34 AM.

"I don't need sleep anyway.." Cody mumbled to himself. Deciding that, he went to eat breakfast (if breakfast is half a bagel and a cup of orange juice). He just finished drinking his orange juice when he heard a yawn. He froze, slightly panicking for getting caught being up so late. He turned around and none other than his only sister, Dani. She looked confused and tired.

"Cody, what are you *yawn* doing up so late?" Dani said trying to stifle a yawn. Cody didn't know what to say, he just stood there blankly looking at her.

"I .. uh... was hungry?" Cody said trying to sound causal. Dani gave him a look like she knew he was lying.

"That sounded like a question." Dani said going into 'boss mode'.

"Maybe it was .." Cody countered slightly trailing off.

"Okay seriously, what are you doing?" Dani said with a tone that meant Cody isn't going anywhere, until he answers truthfully.

"Alright, alright I'll tell you, I woke up and I couldn't sleep, so I came downstairs to get a snack, then you came and this happened." Cody stated with a hint of defeat.

"Cody, just try to back to bed, ok?" Dani said sounding a little worried.

"Alright" Cody sighed in full defeat.

Cody didn't really go to sleep, seeing that he couldn't anymore without having nightmares. He pretended to sleep when Dani went to check up on him.