Chapter 1 - The Prince with Mercury Eyes

Aspen Delaney

"You are a joke, Miss Delaney! A joke! You have been here for eight months. How can you not answer this simple question? I must have said it six times in the matter of minutes!"

I stared at Professor Marie Crest, keeping a calm, blank expression on my face. My light, green eyes continue to dominate her dark, brown ones.

She was a tall, slim lady with ash brown hair, that was straightened and pulled back into a low pony. She held her head up high, the light making her cheekbones more prominent. A similar trait she shared with her sister, Claire Crest, London's Queen and founder of Ellacrest Academy. At first glance she is seen to be a flawless and beautiful god, but that was her disguise to hide the hideous demon inside. The Queen's sister was overall rude, and certainly not polite. She insults her students and treats the Common Blood like trash.

I finally tore my eyes away after a few seconds as I noticed her neck turn a bright red that began creeping up to her ears, then onto her face and making her resemble a ripened tomato.

"Miss Delaney, please stand up," she orders and I quickly stand, silently cursing, as I pulled down my skirt that had risen up while I was sitting.

This damn skirt. I'm going to end up flashing somebody in the future.

My breath quickens as I feel the intense eyes of everyone in the room boring a hole into my head. I sucked in the courage and looked around, instantly catching the eyes of my friend, Iris. She gives me that, 'are you okay' look and I reply back with a small, reassuring smile. I could tell she didn't believe me but I had turned back to face Professor Marie before I could see what she said.

"Since you have no desire to learn, I want you to go to the headmistress' office and have a little chat regarding your stay in my class, and this academy," she advised, a hint of victory in her voice.

Like what the hell did I ever do to her?

I narrowed my eyes, but do as she says. I grab my belongings, straitening my disheveled uniform and making my way towards the door. I give a quick look to Iris, telling her to meet me later and she nods.

I step out of the classroom and into the hall, but before the door had a chance to close, I heard a faint giggle. It didn't belong to that brooding teacher, but someone younger. A student perhaps, especially a Princess. Once the door clicked, I breathed out a sigh and unclenched my fisted hand. Oh, how much I wanted to go back in there, stomping like a mad man, and snap both of their necks. But as tempting as that sounds, I am way to young to be sent to jail.

You're very lucky you're both Royal Bloods.

...

I continued walking through the halls, disregarding the fact I was supposed to be at the Head's office. I was going to end up being expelled anyway, so why not have one last tour before I left, right? For now, I needed to calm down and refrain from punching a hole through the wall.

To be completely honest, I didn't want to be expelled. The eight months I spent here changed my life, and as cheesy as that sounds, it's true. A prestige school beats a run-down orphanage any day.

Ellacrest Academy, named after the late Princess, Brielle, was established by her mother herself, The Queen. After the Princess's death, the royal population had decreased over the years.

With many, marrying common folk, it was rare to find a royal blood child.

That is why this school was created.

The Queen had an idea, that if young ladies and gentlemen learned how to be proper and elegant, they could be considered as royal Princesses and Princes in the future. This will make it more likely to marry a Royal and produce a royal blood child. Thus, would increase the royal population once again.